I work in housekeeping at a motel. We have a fogging machine that we use to freshen the smell in our rooms. (normally we use ecolab products). The fogger machine is designed to turn a chemical into a fine mist. Because vinigar is a freshing agent for sour smells we are trying it in some rooms, mixing 1/4 cup to 10 cups. My question is: Because vinigar is acidic, is it harmful to breath in a mist form and would it cause damage to carpet, furniture and bedding? So far we have had no issues however our chemical sales man is concerned.

I use vinegar to clean in my own home, including the carpets, and I've had no trouble whatsoever. If it's in huge amounts, which in your case doesn't look so, it could cause respiratory issues. As for damage to furniture, generally cleaning chemicals are harsher on furniture than vinegar. I doubt there's an issue.