Should I use my inhaler when my throat feels swollen and sore? I have the flue but do not have a chest infection.

Hi Lyn,

If you take it "as needed" then in general, no. The inhaler won't help a sore throat. It opens up the bronchioles.

Ask your doctor.

NO definitely not unless u close up.... get Chloriseptic spray! OR Ricola :) NO, NO WAY, CANT,SHOULDN'T BE DONE, ppl DIE from using an inhaler when no asthma/ C.O.P.D signs were present remember that girl from different strokes? that's how she bit it. primatine mist otc inhaler over the counter and shes dead.

and are u using over the counter???prescribed Albuterol ?? the purple Advair? all are not for sore throats I promise I was born with asthma and I finally have it in control I moved from N.Y to Hawaii and I really haven't had an attack in 15 yrs and I am 41 now DON'T mess around with rescue inhalers!!! they have one purpose...save your life when your bronchi close up. and it wont work when u need it most it'll be empty from all the wrong ways it was be used. or your immune system will need MORE and scarier remedies and treatments like Adrenalin shots in the arm multiple times I have had up to ten shots as a 12-13 yo girl till the lungs clear When I was young they put me on a steroid called Theodur caplets (Huge Horse pills! lol) IDK or remember the exact spelling but before docs knew better that was the cure then as I got older so did asthma treatment and I was way over the top I changed locations several times found MY climate everyone is different then stopped all meds so far, great. Basically, I'm trying to show you how bad it s to use a rescue inhaler for any purpose other than 'emergency!!! "I cant breathe" peace out