Huntington's disease is hereditary neurological disorder that affects the central nervous system with plenty of complications that can affect brain function. Can somebody help me about brain impact of this disease and the way to deal with brain dysfunction? My father's cognitive condition is worsening progressively. Some of manifestations are short-term memory and unrecognizing members of family.

Some of the changes commonly associated with HD include short-term memory loss, difficulties in concentrating and making plans, mood changes, apathy, and aggression. However, the signs and symptoms vary from individually. At different times, HD patient is distracted, confused, uncooperative, angry and withdrawn. There are problems with recall, starting, organizing and stopping action and lack of impulse control.