Hello, folks. I have been diagnosed a brain tumor. My doctor says that the best way to treat it is brain radiation. I have read about various side effects, but I would like to know whether there is a memory loss problem. What are your experiences with this? Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear about your condition. It is possible that you will have memory loss problems. It mostly affects short term memory. Doctors say that this is a permanent condition. Nevertheless, I have heard that this condition can last for several weeks or months. It all depends on a person. There are some changes in person’s personality. I hope you will be better after treatment. Good luck!

My partner had brain radiation about a month ago and now his memory is terrible, he does not even remember his own age... I am TERRIFIED!! Does anyone knows if this is permanent or temporary? Thank tou soo much!!

I had radiation in 2007 following two surgeries for a pituitary adenoma. My wife brought my memory deficit to my attention this year - she says it is getting worse with me forgetting appointments and names. Lately I forgot to put the cover on our RV tanks and lost it on the highway also I have noticed I have trouble focusing on a task at hand to see it through to completion. I am a self retrospective person and know I have deficits I did not have before the radiation - things they did not tell me about.

My husband had full brain radiation in Januart 2012, and has hardly any memory left. Had we known this amount of memory loss was possible ,I dont think we would have poted for it, He hardly can function, can't remember how to even open his mouth to eat

Ops.. Really very much sorry to hear that :-(
Brain radiation is a very dangerous problem for anyone. I think there are some systems to recover from his memory problem. I know some of them. I wish you husband will get well very soon. Best of luck!

I am having similar issues from treatment for the same thing in 2009.