Hello! So basically I'm here to find answers, i don't even need answers, just advice. Im a 16 year old male, and i believe i have dementia or MS. It started exactly 4 days ago, i woke up, and i felt different. I had trouble thinking, keeping a train of thought, it's like I'm mind blanked all the time. Before this started, i was relatively intelligent, could hold a conversation for a long amount of time, had good social skills, had a lot of friends, and had a couple girlfriends here and there. Everything i just listed I'm either totally, or almost totally deprived of now. I feel like nothing is important anymore, i could care less about anything, my family, myself. I think it's called apathy, when you don't care at all about anything. My future looks far from promising, especially if this disease i potentially have progresses. When it comes to socializing now, i can't even hold a conversation with somebody, even with my own mother, who is the most important person in my life, always has been, i love her to death. So my social life has gone out the window. I also feel suicidal, my dad committed suicide while in prison December of 2009, 3 years ago. I would of been 13 at the time, this devastated me, i don't want to go in detail about it though. This caused me a lot of stress, along with my mom and my sister. Not having that father figure in your life is difficult. But lets go back into detail about how I've changed over the course of 4 days. Ill just lay everything out - Decreased appetite - muscle weakness - fatigue - severe depression - slurred speech - inability to find the right word - can't focus on any thought, multitasking is out of the question - sudden urge to urinate/poop - difficulty sleeping - blurry vision - anxiety/ panic attacks (my brain feels like its been even more damaged after a panic attack, or an episode of extreme anxiety) - no motivation whatsoever, i feel like a brainless vegetable - no self worth - mild memory loss, i'll go in a room with the intent of doing something and ill totally forget my intent, misplacing objects - very lightheaded, like some blood flow to my brain has been cut off - difficulty swallowing food/chewing it - difficulty showing emotion - diminished sense of smell - diminished sense of taste - possible hearing loss, my voice sounds less loud then it used too when i speak i think that's all. Im strongly considering getting admitted into a hospital, i know I'm young but it doesn't change the fact that whatever I'm suffering from i desperately need some kind of help for it. I can't live the rest of my life like this, just too much pain and suffering involved. I wouldn't wish this upon anybody. I haven't told my family or anyone for that matter yet, I'm afraid to, i feel i'll just be a weight on there shoulders. I know ill have to tell them eventually, i can't keep it a secret forever. Just sucks really bad. I feel like ill never be able to contribute to society in any way shape or form. Right now i'm feeling so hopeless, I'm putting my faith into God. I'm living a nightmare.Is this just a phase? Any help/positive insight/advice/recommendations is most definitely appreciated. Also if anyone else is going through this, please don't be afraid to reply, knowing that I'm not totally alone will lift my spirits a little. I don't even have to be happy ever again for as long as i live, just content. Thanks in advance guys! also you can email me at _[removed]_ for i don't have access to this website all the time. God bless you all.

Hey Paradox,

I'm really sorry to read what you're going through, but I hope I can help with my words in some way.

It really doesn't sound as if you have dementia or MS; however, it does sound as if you have PTSD- post traumatic stress disorder- and I'm guessing the circumstances surrounding your father & his death were the trigger for what you are experiencing now.

I'm not a doctor- so I can't say that you are definitely not suffering from a physically caused illness. Perhaps you should go & see your GP for a proper diagnosis and tests to rule out dementia & MS. You said that you are thinking about going to a hospital- do that.

The reason why I think you may have PTSD is because your symptoms sound exactly like it and the fact that you have mentioned a particularly devastating event leads me to believe that this what you are suffering with.

Please speak to someone & soon. No one here can give you a concrete diagnosis, but reading your post, I'm more inclined to think that you are suffering with a mental health condition, rather than a biological one.

My best wishes to you.

V

Hey Violet!

First off, your response is much appreciated. I have done a good amount of research on the net involving Post traumatic stress disorder, and i agree, i firmly believe this is what im suffering from. I have almost every PTSD symptom. I should be going to the hospital on tuesday to get an assesment and a proper diagnosis. I am almost certain that i have PTSD, and it states it lasts from 1-3 months, if it lasts longer, then i have acute stress disorder and not PTSD. I will probably admit myself into a phsyciatric ward at the hospital, to make this easier on myself and my family. Thank you so much! :)
Best Regards,

Grayson

Im also a 16 years old ,female and Im  a student ,im confused if i have a demensia because. in the past few weeks i almost forgot where did i put some things.then sometimes I forgot my notebook in my room but when I tried to go upstairs i forgot what im going to get.or when my friend asked me to unplug the television .a minute after that I almost forget it.llike to unplug the iron. to close the door even if it has been said a minute ago.I have problem also of my Memory lost I hve problem remembering things ,lesson that has been tackled yesterday.forget my classates name,or even my teachers name,sometimes i have mood swings,that's irritating me and sometime im very angry or very bossy.but my classmates said that it could be stress but i feel different.I wish that I dont have any disease nor demensia. Im asking for advice or answer.thank you

i Can't belive this i am sufering from the same disorder .. one day i woke upp feeling dizze and i couldn't think straight it feels like if i am in a dream all the time i don't see the hole picture of the world in front of me like before and when it comes to memory i don't remeber almost anything in the entarily day of what i have done, i have really hard planning and creating ideas, i feel like a zoombie it has been now 1 1/2 month and i can't stand this ANYMORE feeling all the time is horrible .. how has it gone for you? how are having it?

sry for my bad typing
david(from sweden)

I'm also 16 and literally cannot remember most of my earlier childhood... it feels like each day is just deleted with the following day.... i remeber some things, i have some images of people i met or places ive been to but all in a blur... i have traveled a lot and i almost cant even remeber anything... I'm aware that i went there but i lost all images in my head, for example, i went to miami last summer and its like it never happened, im afraid if something is actually wrong with me because in 5-10 years i dont want to forget the best years of my life, any advice anyone? :/

Wondering if you're still there and holding on. I keep finding posts from people suffering from this strange condition. I know what you're experiencing because this happened to me 5 years ago and progressed to the point where I lost the ability to talk for 10 days. In a very short period of time I went from being a highly functioning, intelligent, articulate man to being withdrawn, unable to carry on conversations, unable to sleep much anymore and my moods became seriously altered and dark. At one point I was locked in my head unable to connect words to my mouth. Unlike many people here I found my way back from it. Yes. The buzzing/whirring sound in the right side of my brain got so loud I began to stutter. Forgetting how to do the most simple and base things you've done your entire life is scary. Never truly falling asleep. Hovering between sleep and being awake all night. Unable to clearly verbalize things you're thinking. Socially withdrawing because you can't keep up in conversations anymore. I really do understand. If you're still out there please respond and I'll tell you what I've figured out. Doctors (and I went to MANY) did me no good. I had to figure it out myself. I think I can offer you some assistance. Maybe together we can compare notes and with others who've suffered with this we can bring awareness to it. Because it's real and it's a problem. Hope to hear from you. I'm following this thread and will be notified if you post. Big Hugs. Things can change. I still battle it but I'm back to being me for the most part and I'm winning the war so far. But at 43 I thought I was suffering from an early onset Alzheimer's because t it came on so fast. Literally in 2 months I went from being normal to being gone. But like I said. You can change it. And it's not you. It's something inside of you doing this. And you're loss of taste and smell are the biggest signs that this is the same thing.

Hi everyone.
It's a good thing that most of you are already coping from your problems. I also have a problem, you see. I really don't know if it's actually normal or not, but since 5 -6 years ago, I've been experiencing a weird thing. It feels like I've been detached from the world. At first, it wasn't that severe. Just that, and a diminished control of my bowels. I also can't make my brain work properly as it did before. I still had high grades, lots of friends and the sort.
But recently, I've been really forgetful. I can't even cope with my schedule at school. Nor go to it. I can't understand anything that I read or hear. It's like, I'm just looking at squiggles or hearing gibberish. I would really want to change but I'm afraid. Would I still be able to have a normal life after that? I would really appreciate it if anyone can identify what this is. Thanks.

john t can you help me too i mean i can't talk i lost my abilty to talk is very hard here can you tell me what have you done to come back ?

If anyone is still following this thread, I have something to add. Most of the things everyone else is saying is sorta true for me. I'm a 16 year old male, currently in the eleventh grade, working a part time job, and someone who others consider smart. The thing is, ever since about 6th or 7th grade I've had trouble remembering things, spelling, I've been facing depression, of which I'm not sure how severe, I've seemed to have become many times more apathetic, and am generally having a hard time coping. All of my problems have been getting worse, especially my memory. I struggle to understand certain things that are said to me, I forget what I'm doing when I enter a room, most things I try to remember are easily forgotten without me even realising it, I have trouble recalling what I did two days ago, or even just yesterday, and I have trouble focusing among other things that I probably forgot. Even though I'm maintaining my grades for the most part and am remaining in the top 10th percentile of my class, I am struggling with everything that's happening, enough so that I sought out an answer by searching the web. I hope to find a way to fix some if not all of my issues. The worst part is that until this year, with my job, I've never really participated in any extracurricular activities, highly strenuous activities or just extra work in general other than my advanced classes in school, which I get mostly A's in. I would like to know at least that I'm not alone, or if I am, that someone's willing to try to help. Some my problems may seem normal, or at least I think they might be slightly more normal than abnormal, but I find it odd that everyone here is having similar issues and no one thinks it's normal. Any advise is appreciated.

One thing I forgot to mention is that until a couple months ago, I used to have pretty bad headaches, maybe even migraines.

Also starting when everything else did, I began to be tired all the time and now I always feel tired, and am even falling asleep in class when previously, I've never even started falling asleep