Hi, I`m 24, I had sex with that girl and later, when it was too late, I found out I have a cervical cancer. That girl gave me HPV and I wasn`t even aware of it. Don`t know about her. I know now that many people have no symptoms at all, and clear the infection without knowing it, unfortunately not me. So, I wasn`t so fortunate to have signs and just wanna say if you have visible soft and pink genital warts, go to see a doctor before it`s too late. Do your regular Pap test!

Hi, I had a similar experience. Only my HPV was visible, so I did a Pap test which can detect pre-cancerous and cancerous cells on the cervix. HPV is a sexually transmitted infection, caused by HPV (human papillomavirus, which includes more than 100 different strains). HPV gets the genital area, and some of these viruses may lead to cancer of the cervix, vagina or penis. Don`t blame it on a girl, for most of women cervical HPV infection is undetectable after two years. Pap testing helps you ensure that pre-cancerous changes in the cervix caused by HPV don`t develop into cervical cancer. Too late for you, but for all the others, do you regular Pap testing.