Hi! I am 23 years old woman. I must say that I am desperate. I was diagnosed with hpv yesterday. First I know relation between HPV and cancer. But, tell me something about HPV, and about genital warts. Doctor told me that I have genital warts.

Hi! I also had genital warts. So, I know something about HPV. HPV is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that is caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). Human papillomavirus is the name of a group of viruses that includes more than 100 different strains or types. Some of these viruses are called "high-risk" types, and may cause abnormal Pap tests. They may also lead to cancer of the cervix, vulva, vagina, anus, or penis. Others are called "low-risk" types, and they may cause mild Pap test abnormalities or genital warts. Genital warts are single or multiple growths or bumps that appear in the genital area, and sometimes are cauliflower shaped. Visible genital warts can be removed by medications the patient applies, or by treatments performed by a health care provider.