Hi. I had sex with a guy. He said he has genital warts. So we decided to use condoms. Is it possible to get the infection even with condom use? We split, and now I`m really worried about HPV. I seemed to have no symptoms of genital warts. I can`t see a thing, really. The guy had small bumps on his penis, but I have nothing.

Hi. You should be worried about HPV. Human papillomavirus is a sexually transmitted infection, and you can get it even if you use condoms. Condoms can`t cover all the infected area and warts can be really small and invisible. To get HPV you just have to have oral, vaginal or anal sex with the infected person. The only sure way not to get HPV is not to have sex at all. I would never go to bed with somebody who has HPV. If you can`t see the warts, it doesn`t mean you are not infected. The infection sometimes has a long incubation period. It can take months, or even years, before you notice a thing.

You need to get a pap test to find out if you have it or not. Its one way to find out if you don't have any symptoms.