I have had sex with one guy maybe month ago. We used condom, but also we had oral sex without protection. I know that was stupid and I didn’t think at all, so I am worried right now. I have noticed little pimple on my tongue, so I think it could be HPV. I would like to know if that is symptom for HPV, and should I be worried and visit doctor.

Genital warts are also called venereal warts, caused by human papillomavirus. That is a virus related to the virus that causes common skin warts. HPV infects mucous membranes during vaginal, anal, oral or anal intercourse. First symptoms occur one month or more after infection. The average incubation period is two to three months after sexual intercourse. First appear as small, hard painless bumps in the vaginal area or around anus. Infected person could notice flesh colored, wart-like growths. Those are growths look like cauliflower, which sometimes itching and irritation. Sometimes women first show positive with abnormal Pap smear. If you have got laryngeal HPV, you might notice change in tone of voice. In men, first appear as small, hard painless bumps on the penis or around anus. If you doubt of HPV infection you should visit your doctor, to check it and treat if that is necessary.