Hello! My husband has been using hydrocodone for ten years now. The thing is that he has been taking 20pills/day during these 10 years. What I am worried about is that he keeps taking more and more, and gets very angry if I say it may be too much. How can you tell if someone is addicted to hydrocodone?

Well, an addiction is an addiction. It is same in each case. Your husband’s behavior does look like an addiction especially he has been taking the stuff for a very long time. I even heard that some people have been taking 50/day. There are so many reported cases of hydrocodone addiction and you should definitely ask for professional help here. What you can do for your husband, is to be very supportive if he decides to get off bc it can be very hard. Good luck for both of you!!!

My wife is addicted to hydrocodone. I have found out alot about addiction recently. Its not a very visiable addiction unless you know what to look for. First of all the abuser will lie at any cost. Its like asking a kid if they brushed their teeth. It is easily hidden in a house or car. It does not have to be in a bottle. I think most abusers have more than one hiding place but they will keep using the same spot as long as they are not found. What to look for is bruising,difference in eyes, physical highs and lows, emotional ups and downs,rashes that may come and go, and headaches. Some of these and other symptoms may be used as exuses to get a prescription for the drug. My wife bruised very easily and complained of headaches. The headaches were her crutch to get a prescription filled. All they have to do is find a sympathetic doctor. The biggest thing is that it slowly progresses, so you dont realize some of the symptoms unless you stand back and look at how things have changed with an individual. They could have been addicted for years but not shown any signs or changes in their actions until recently. If your worried, and have a hunch, your probably right. It could be someone your with all the time. Its a strong addiction and the abuser will find any way to satisfy themselves. Thats one more thing. Selfishness, if someone is addicted to anything they wont look very far past themselves.

My wife has been feeding me Norco for the last 3 years Norco is a 10mg hydrocodone and 325mg acetaminophen. This sh*t is twice as powerful as Vicodin with less damage to the liver the part damaged as I have found out is the nerves, it started with lost of all sensation in the feet followed by sharp pain which continues to this day.

i have been talking to this guy for 4 months now, so therefor i dont really know awhole lot about him. but i know that he had prescriptions for his back where his horse fell with him and rolled ontop of him. but he claims he dont take them and hes not on drugs, but living in this small town rumors are all over the area saying he is on drugs. i have found his pill bottles along time ago and he has hydrocodones but like i said he claims he doesnt take them anymore cause he dont need them. but he has these weird habits that make me think otherwise, like he has a headache atleast everyother day, he always complains about being tired and when he does fall asleep which he can fall asleep at anytime but when he does there is NO waking him up you can shake him, hit him, scream and he's like pratically out. its very difficult to get him up, sometimes he will go two or three days without more than four hours of sleep at night then he will sleep like 18 hours straight, he is always thirsty and always has to pee, and he sometimes has so much energy he does random stuff like work on abarn at 2 am, and i found a lighter once in his bathroom that had white powder on it with no scent alll down the side as if someone had crushed a pill with it, well he had fallen asleep on me in his bed and i could not wake him whatsoever neither could his friend, but he swears up and down that was his friends and that he doesnt do that stuff cause he randomly get drug tested at work, and says that i should be able to tell hes not on drugs.

i need opinions, do you all think he is on drugs ? if so does it sound like hes been taking the hydrocodones or what? HELPPP!

YES  He is most definately on hydros. TJ

Yes I just went through A seperation I believe it was due to Her Addiction of Hydrocodone, She was a Great Hearted Person until they started giving her Hydrocodone for a non Cancerous tumor on her spine and gave her the drug.She started lying alot and got a job and I never understood how she spent all the money and would get very defensive if i asked her where it all went.Then i Started noticing her so called borrowing of the drugs from her family and friends.If i ever asked her why she was always running out too early she would always try to make it into another argument about me! I also Take The Lowest Milligram Hydrocodone they make and have been offered many times if i wanted a Higher milligram dose and for 6 years now I have turned them down from the dr. I have Arthritis, 2 Bulging Disc Bone Spurs on My Hip and Degenatrive disc disease but I know they are highly addictive I get 120 a month and before i got with her I would have 60 or more left in my script, It got to the point she had me believing I was taking that much and now since she has been gone I have 60 or 70 a month left that I throw in the trash.So now I know not only was she taking mine but also hers which was the highest milligram 120 a month but now I have been told by friends she is buying alot off the street also.Family use to be her most important thing in life and the 3 months we have been seperated she has left are young 3 year old with me out of three months she may have came and let him spend the night with her 3 or 4 times she says its because she works all the time.She leaves my Stepdaughter with her cousins and different places and when i see her her behavior has changed and it breaks my heart she is 6 yrs old and was very good kid and now she is misbehaving telling her mom to shut up and on the verge of being out of control.I hear now the mom has  a new boyfriend and live in a small town and has heard she was seeing him before we even split up.I know her and know deep down inside shes not the person she is now.I am very familiar with addiction I am a recovering alcoholic and have been sober for 10yrs,My previous wife had addictions with meth and pills and abandoned me and my previous children from that marriage and I was awarded full custody of those two kids which I in steal good values in them and they both are doing great In School My boy who is thirteen reads at college level and just received a invitation from duke universality to take the MAT Test to see where he is at in college level I'm disabled and live on a fixed income and my kids are the most important thing in my Life and want better for them than I had in Life so I try to study with with them so they can go to college and have a chance in Life.My fiance who I have been speaking of had same feelings about the kids as me and now shes only worried about herself we was together 4 yrs and I just don't know the person she has become.She also started Bruising alot getting rashes, she started going to the dr all the time for pain shots they have done many tests on her and I really started thinking she was a hypochondria but i believe she was just wanting more drugs.I heard her say everything from tumors on her back lupus caused  the bruising and she is a very good talker and making drs think she is really hurting when i think all the pain is really her addiction.Our Tax payers have paid for many high dollar tests on her that i just don't see that stuff wrong with her she has very bad mood swings her eys sometimes are very dark almost black and bruising alot.My Heart Is Hurting I feel So Helpless and truly Care about her But What am I to Do.The Dr Prescribes them to her but she takes allot more than that. I'm scared for the children to be with her, the other day she came to me balling asking me for pills and when i told her no she said she was going to take my son away and I would have to take her to court to see him again if i didn't. i still would not give her none then she started balling saying she had a problem with them please give her some and i still refused, I got use to hiding my medicine daily to hide them from her but she was good at always finding them, I went outside for a second and when a friend came over and after she left I noticed at least half of my prescription was gone.I feel im mentally abused by the two women in my life and my deepest fear is she will take my boy and move to another State with her New Boyfriend! Im trying to get my Nerve up to Take her to Court for Custody or at the least joint custody Cause it is Hard for a Man to get Custody Of a Child the Law is on the womens side in this matter.I learned that the hard way with my ex wife I had proof she abandoned us and was doing drugs meth and did not come and visit them once in 4 years and it took me five years to get custody of them.So someone please tell me or give me some good advice on this matter cause it will be hard for me to prove shes addicted to them when the dr prescribes them to her is there a way for her to be tested to see how much she has been taken or how much is in her system.I love her dearly and truly am concerned about her but I need to make sure the kids are safe.God Know my Heart and Worries but whats a man to do to prove this addiction! I know this was long but i need to vent before I have a nervous breakdown worrying about her and the kids! 

I'm exactly like the guy you described. Of the 10 things of behaviors you said that you does, I can directly identify with like 8 of them.

I'm not currently, nor have I ever used hydrocodone with any regularity.

I'm definitely not an addict.

I think you're over-reacting.

my wife is hooked big time
found a bottle with 360 pills in it 2 weeks ago now its almost empty
the doctor(who I called} and left messages as to what was going on called me and told me its a doctor /patient confidentiality thing and cannot go into so... what do I do now?

My husband is a recovering crack addict Hehas been clean since 2001.The past few months, he has been complaining of a tooth ache. I told him to go and get it pulled. He claims not to have the money to do it. His Doctor prescribes him vicodin. I'm worried that he is getting addicted to them. I think he is in denial. Can someone please give me an answer on how to reach out to him,

If it's not too late contact Dr Phil or any other TV doctor.

hi it sounds like his on meth or crystel they csll it it keeps you up and gives you power like they say white power you found might be it and when they not on it they will sleep for days hope this helps you as for the hydrocodone he might taake them once in a while:-)

This is quite wrong. Norco and Vicodin is the same thing. The only difference is that Norco has 325 mg apap and vicodin has 500 mg, but as far as the hydrocodone in it, it's still either 5, 7.5, or 10 ( in your case). The stronger opiate is called Percocet, which is apap and oxycodone instead of hydrocodone. I'm a pharmacy student

Actually Vicoden has ibuprofen...not the same

Hi,I just found out my husband is addicted to hydrocodone.We got married a year ago and we are 29 years old.He is being very sensitive,angry,he has emotional ups and downs(usually downs),he looks like he has no feelings,he is always tired AND on top of it he has no libido.He stopped having sex with me and he makes excuses.He blames it on me.He makes up random stuff like I hurt his feelings with something or I said something wrong.I know he has no other woman and he used to be very sexual with me.If we do have sex he doesn't ejaculate.He does not know that I've found his hidden stash of pills.Do you notice any changes in his sexuality?