I just found this place and think it's a great place! It's nice to know that other people are out there dealing like I am! I was just wondering what is your situation? Some take it for Chronic Pain Management, some for the high, some because of a surgery. Regardless, it's out there and helping some and hurting others! What is your level of dose? What's your tolerance like? What do you take to accentuate the feeling?

This is me:

To share my situation: I am one who has taken Hydrocodone for about 3 years now. I have been in two car accidents a year to the day apart. My back is extremely spastic and very painful. I have had Facet injections (8 total), Trigger Point injections (6 total) and Botox Injections directly into the back muscles (8 total). I also have been down the conventional route with PT, massage therapy and accupuncture. The ony relief I have is my meds. The Hydrocodone is actually not the normal run of the mill stuff. It's made speciffically for me through a Specialty Pharmacy. There's no Acetamedaphine in them, however they are 30 MG of Hydrocodone per pill. I originally began on the 5/500, working eventually up to 10/325's. Now, I am at 30 MG pills 5 times a day. I'm sure that eventually I will be at 50 MG per pill as my tolerance increases (I go up in dose about every 7-10 months, depending.) I have no choice of taking these - without the Hydrocodone, I wouldn't be able to work and would have to be on disability. I can't even get up off the couch or the bed on my own without my wife's help. In some respect, the relief from the pain meds provide is a godsend. It does come with it's drawbacks.

I completely trust my Doctor. He's a Pain Management guy who took over after my PCP felt uncomfortable about the dose he was writing.

It's not as much that I feel necessarily the need to remove myself from the power of these Pain Killers. It's an interesting point that due to my condition, the way others act around me makes me realize how different people around me act knowing I have these pills. It's like the lottery, I have friends I never knew I had.

Signed,
Someone in Arizona

Man, I feel for you as I am in the same way, only it's my knees and back . Anyway my Dr. is a pain specialist also but started me out on a much higher dose . I take 100mg. methadone and 30 mg. tabs every 4 hours for breakthrough pain , Iv'e been doing this for two years now and they now want to replace my knees , And I am shure the meds will have to be increased to cover the new pain . And learning how to walk again . It's got me scared and not shure I want to go through with this . Ive been trying to slow up on the meds without any succuss ! My tolerance is so high that I do not know where Ill go from here . I wish that I never started this in the first place . I was in a motocycle accident and it took me two years on chrutches to learn to walk again . Not looking forward to the surgery . God Bless you and Good Luck . We will see each other in the nexed life ! 8-| 03/01/08

Hi! I have been taking hydrocodone 7.5/325 for 3 years now because of a herniated disc in my back! At first, I took up to 4 a day, but recently, I had my doctor drop me down to only 3 a day because i started to feel like I was getting addicted to them! If I try to go without one for several hours time, I am in extreme pain all through my lower back and radiating down my legs! In between doses, I take about 600 mg. of Ibuprofen to help take the edge off. I am undecided about surgery at this point because two doctors have already told me that in my case, surgery would probably make it worse! So, I just do the best I can, but thank God there are strong painkillers like these for the people who need them!

I understand both of your situations. I have been on the pain killers for 3+ years now and once I began @ 7.5's, the doctors has slowly increased my dosage to compensate for the tolerance. I have been on 30mg for about 4 months now and I am sure I will be increasing that dose here within the next couple months.

I know that my wife went ot another DR and that guy said he wouldn't even treat my condition w/ pain pills. He would suggest Cymbalta and anti-inflammatories to offset my Myofacial conditions. I don't think Anti-depessants would be the route to take for chronic back pain. I haven't heard of anyone taking that treatment for this problem, I don't see how it could be helpful.

I have to just cope and try not to go over my daily dosage, yet I find it so difficult to stay within the range of my dosage - not because I can't get enough, it's primarily because if I am sick or feeling anything other than normal, the pills don't have the same outcome. It's a double edged sword to say the least!

John

Ok, so here is my story on Hydrocodone aka Oxycontin. I am on a daily dose of 20mg ER- that means extended release. I have chronic pancreatitis and the pain is excrutiating at times. I take one 20mg pill every 12 hours as directed to do so. It is designed for around the clock pain management. It is not like taking regular hydrocodone rapid release, these are quite stronger and work really well. Now in time of distress and pain, sometimes I break the pill in half, thus allowing the chemical to enter the blood stream more quickly. This is a no no if you read the script info, but it hasn't killed me yet. I have never really taken more then two at a time, because of it's strength. I also am on dilaudid 2mg. In cojunction these two meds are a perfect combo, and let me say it's also a whoosh to the body, I mean it's as close to an injection of fentanyl. The rushing feeling. I have not abused the drugs I am prescribed, but I do know that I am slowly if not quickly becoming addicted, or better yet to say I already am. I find that I count the pills once a week to see how many I have left- um I think this is a sign of addiction perhaps. Anyway my doctor has no problem writing me another script because he knows the pain associated with pancreatitis, and they keep me out of the hospital too. One thing I have noticed though in the beginning of taking the hydrocodone was about twenty minutes after I dose, I would get a aching dull pain in my liver area it seemed, and then suddenly went away, I have not had this happen for some time. I have been on several different pain meds, It all started with Vicodin, this stuffs a joke, I was better off taking tylenol pm. Ive tried percocet, morphine, dilaudid hydrocodone. Like I said earlier though the dilaudid and hydrocodone works the best, even better than the liquid morphine. Oh and when people find out you can get your hands on this kind of stuff, you suddenly become a emperor to them. Sad huh. So on the flip I have noticed that my attitude becomes different when I am coming off or stop taking the meds, I become angry, frustrated and very difficult to be around, i can see it coming to in myself. One heavy side effect I get from taking these pain meds is severe cotton mouth it hangs around for about three hours. Also I get a large amount of energy when dosing too, it's really strange you would think it should do the opposite, but not for me. I have noticed it affects my sleep habits significantly. So thats my story, I am anxious to hear others, and I hope my forum helped! ;-)

Several years ago I hurt my knee. Dr gave hydro 5's. After a year, I was done popping pills. Now I have a bladder disease and love eating my 10's. I know I am hooked, but not detoxing again. It was HELL!