My 13 months old child has already been diagnosed twice with urinary tract infection and each time was treated with antibiotics. And I have this friend whose child suffered the same thing and he finally ended up with hydronephrosis treatment and as I remembered it has something to do with kidneys. Anyway I am afraid now that my baby could be having this hydronephrosis thing so I would like to hear some more info related hydronephrosis. Thanks!

Well it could be but doesn't have to be. It is true- hydronephrosis is kidney related and it is usually defined as the distension of the pelvis and calyces of the kidneys one or both of them and therefore you have what is called unilateral or bilateral hydroneprosis. Anyway hydroneprosis is a condition where the urine drainage from the kidneys is enabled and I think that most common cause of hydroneprosis is enlarged prostate so the best treatment here is bladder drainage or even pressure relieving with the help of nephrostomy tubes or something like that.