Hello! I am 45 years old and it is found that I have hydronephrosis of the right kidney. I think that doctor told me that it is caused because of my kidney stone. I have terrible pains and I want to know how I can heal hydronephrosis. Also, I want to know if my kidney is in dangerous. Thank you in advance!

Hello! I have to tell you that hydronephrosis is not disease. In your case, it is just result of your kidney stone. So, to heal hydronephrosis, you will need to heal kidney stone. Your kidney may be in danger because it is full of "urine" and it is not able to get rid of it. But do not worry, surgery will solve your problem.

So if you need to get rid of your kidney stones you should know all options. Have you talked with your doctor about this?

There is difference between small stones and the bigger ones. If you have small stones than you don’t need surgery but only medications and a lot of fluids.  If you are ready to deal with certain amount of pain than go home and start with home treatment. You can use nonprescription pain medicine but if you feel that you will need stronger painkiller your doctor can always prescribe you one.

But, if your pain is to severe your doctor will suggest surgical procedure to deal with the stone. And since you have kidney stone it is likely that you will get another one so take a preventive measures to stop this occur in the future. 

yes the right kidney can die gradually or fast depening on how many renal stones you have in it and how oftern.I have had renal stones for 20 yrs and hydronephrosis and hydronuter seen in c.t.scan 2 yrs ago. definately on the way out.LINDA