Hi, guys. I have been experiencing some problems with hydronephrosis. It was caused by a kidney stone. Now, this stone is removed. I would like to know how long it will take before hydronephrosis is gone. I hope someone could give me some more info. Thank you in advance. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. Hydronephrosis is a condition where normal urine flow is compromised. It can be caused by various factors. Kidney stones are just one of them. Soon after removing the blockage, hydronephrosis should be resolved. However, sometimes extra help; is needed. I am talking about drainage or surgery. You should talk to your nephrologist about these issues. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

I believe that you will get rid of hydronephrosis very soon. Since hydronephrosis is usually result of some underlying condition, and in your case this was a kidney stone, which was blocking the path of the urine on its way from the kidneys to the urethra.

I presume that your doctor has informed you that all the symptoms of the hydronephrosis are being gone in a few days but in case that you feel that everything isn’t like it should be you should contact him at once.

It is always possible that some other underlying condition is there and that your doctor hasn’t noticed it because of the kidney stone issue. I hope that everything turns out just fine. Good luck.