My husband was having flank pain so we went 2 doctor and did ultrasound.It revealed that he is having stone of 8mm in his left kidney and mid hydronephrosis in his right kidney.last year he had laser therapy for his kidney stone and 9months back when he did his ultrasound the stone was 6mm in size.and also he has a family history of kidney stone.Is it dangerous to have mild hydronephrosis or is it because of his stones.So once this kidney stone problem is finished will hydronephrosis automatically vanishes..?? or do he need 2 be treated for hydronephrosis..???

Plz help..

Am really worried abt his health...

Relpy ASAP

Did your husband's mild hydronephrosis get better? I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with it and when I went back to the doctor this past week, she didn't discuss it. I am still having back, kidney pain and blood in urine (with no infection)

the hydronephrosis is caused by the stone in the kidney or the stone causing obstruction in that kidney ; IF THE STONE IS IN ONE KIDNEY AND THE HYDRONETOR IN THE OTHER KIDNEY; THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE STONES IN BOTH KIDNEYS. LINDA DICKENS.