Hi ! can you guid me for the treatment of Hydronephrosis resulted after 6 years of PUJ obstruction removed. Docter found a small stone in kidney but told that this is very small and not be a factor for hydronephrosis. The patient is having pain in abdomen and kidney side. Doctor telling that if pain is not relieved with medication he will put a JJ stent. may i know how long this would be beneficiel and permanant solution. can it be treated with ayurved.

Hi there, I know that the stent usually lasts about a year to two, and that it would work very well for you during that time. It is not something as far as I know that could be treated with ayurvedic medicine, but I haven't got training in that--have you spoken to an expert in that?

Hello there,

You have asked very complicated questions and I seriously doubt that anybody except your doctor or some other medical expert is going to be educated enough to answer you.

My friend has problems with kidney stones but not that complicated as you. She has been on home treatment and she is experiencing great deal of pain but I can imagine what you are going through.

Once her doctor mentioned that there are alternative treatments for kidney stones problems and he related them with kidney infection and he said that the stent is best solution for that because it gives back freedom to the sick person.

I suggest that you ask your doctor about further treatment options and I believe that he will answer you.

THE STENTS DON'T ALWAYS WORK LONG TERM BUT MAY HELP; LONG TERM THEY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE KIDNEY. THOUGH DEPENDS WHY YOU FORMED THE KIDNEY STONE; YOU PROBERLY HAVE LOTS MORE SMALL STONES THAT ARN'T BEING SEEN OR REPORTED.

I have been using aryuvedic medication and it has helped in a lot.