Hello, folks. My friend has been experiencing some problems with high blood pressure. After some examinations, he was discovered hydronephrosis. I wonder if this kidney condition can cause this hypertension. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more. Thank you for all your help considering my post. Bye, guys!

Hi, folks. Many kidney conditions can cause high blood pressure. This is known as secondary hypertension. Hydronephrosis can be the cause of high blood pressure. In this condition, several parts of one or both kidneys get plugged. In this way, urine flow is compromised. Some blockages can be resolved without surgery. However, in most cases, drainage or surgery is needed. When the blockage is removed, high blood pressure gets normal. I hope this helps. Bye!

Yes, I would be very interested to view the responses to this question as well.
In my personal experience and opinion, the answer is an emphatic YES.
I had elevated blood pressure during the latter stages of a twin pregnancy
and, after delivery, it turned out my right kidney had severe hydronephrosis. How severe?
A few months after my diagnosis, I unfortunately lost my right kidney.

My doctor says my condition was "pregnancy-induced hypertension", but I think the rise in pressure
corresponded to my undiagnosed kidney condition, as I had classic symptoms during pregnancy
(pain below ribcage and in upper back, etc.)

Hi Melinda, Does after the removal of kidney the Blood pressure reduced. I have the same situation and docs are saying that the BP is due to hydroneprosis.

I discovered that through scan over a month but no medical attension yet.but now feeling pains on my left side of my body can it be solution to this after put my high blood pressure under control. Do advice urgent attention?

just very recently the very exact thing happened to me discovered high blood pressure went under some Tests and the doctors discovered Hydro nephrosis if the exact same thing happened to your friend I'm pretty sure this can't be a coincidence

Hello i never had hypertension before this but I started experiencing pain due to kidneystones and my bp rose , Doc said I had moderate hydronephrosis and immediately I had my ureteroscopy done , but even after 15 days of the procedure my BP has not returned to normal levels, I have a stent placed in my right ureter , my nephrologist suggested that till and untill your stent is removed my BP wont return to a normal level, I am a 26 year old should I go for further tests, please suggest