My daughter is 4 years old and she has been born with kidney dysfunction. She has vesicoureteral reflux. It was not treated well and she suffered from constant urinary infections. So, she got hydronephrosis. I am very worried for her and I would like to know if there are some medications for the hydronephrosis?

Hydronephrosis is actually widened kidney passages. The problem here is VUR. Younger children are always under the control of doctors. There is no adequate cure; the problem is usually solved with the operation. That is actually the most efficient way to deal with this condition. After that. your daughter should feel much better.

I am so sorry that your daughter has to deal with such big problems for such a small girl. As roselle has already informed you, hydronephrosis is consequence of some kind of kidney condition or urinary tract issue and in your daughter’s case the cause is vesicoureteral reflux.  

Since she is a child your pediatrician is the responsible person who will monitor your daughter’s condition and decide on the best possible treatment option. Usually the treatment is therapy with antibiotics and constant monitoring of the condition. Most of the children outgrow the reflux but if that doesn’t happen surgery is another possible option.

I hope that your daughter is going to get better and that everything is going to be just fine.