Hello! I hope that you will explain m something. Namely, my doctor discovered that I have unilateral kidney hydronephrosis. I also have some urinary tract infections and I got antibiotics for treating it. He told me that hydronephrosis is caused by nephrolithiasis. Please, explain me this. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! As I can see you are a little bit confused. Am I right? Well, I will start from the beginning. Unilateral hydronephrosis is not illness it is condition. Unilateral hydronephrosis is caused because of other illnesses, in your case nephrolithiasis. IU can tell you that nephrolithiasis actually means kidney stones. When you heal nephrolithiasis, you will heal unilateral kidney hydronephrosis, too.

Hello there,

As Neron has already told you the unilateral kidney hydronephrosis is a condition which is consequence of the kidney stones. So first you need to treat kidney stones and after that symptoms of the unilateral kidney hydronephrosis will be gone as well.

I presume that you have been talking with your doctor about the best treatment option and he probably hasn’t suggest any type of procedure since you are asking these questions. My mother had kidney stones issues as well and she was also on “home treatment”. As far as I remember you will need to drink a lot of water and lemonade and strong painkillers because passing of the stones can be very painful. I hope that you will get rid of the stones easily.