Hello, folks. My mother in law suffers from severe headaches. I must admit that she has tried different medicines and she hasn't experienced any relief. I was wondering if hydrotherapy can do her any good. What are your experiences? I would be happy to hear them. Thank you in advance for replying.

Hello. It all depends which type of headache your mother in law suffers from. The headaches that respond best to hydrotherapy are called cervicogenic headaches. They are caused by the pressure on the neck or other parts of the spine. It can be seen in car accidents, some diseases or bad posture. Migraines and tension headaches have a lesser respond to this treatment. However, hydrotherapy is good for relaxing the muscles and that is also important for healing headaches. Cold pack is usually put on the head. However, for migraines and tension headaches, both cold and hot water is combined. When I say hot, I mean pleasantly warm. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!