Hello, good people. I have been diagnosed pituitary adenoma several weeks ago. I have recently experienced migraines and I would like to know whether they are related to my adenoma. Is it possible? I would really appreciate your efforts in replying to my post. Thank you in advance, guys. Bye-bye!

Hello. Pituitary adenomas are benign tumors of pituitary glands. They usually are not dangerous. However, they can grow and suppress local brain tissue. If they suppress sinus cavity, then can make pressure on the trigeminal nerve. As a result, headaches appear. Headaches appear in two more cases. If there is too little or too many pituitary hormones, headaches are also possible. However, there are various causes of headaches, so you should be examined in that direction. Talk to your doctor about that.

How long have you been having tumors on your pituitary gland? Are you having macroadenomas or microadenomas? I know when people have microadenomas they usually don’t get the correct diagnose of this disease which makes thing more complicated later in life. Now the headaches are very possible when it comes to pituitary adenomas. There are several symptoms and headaches can become very often during this disease. Have you noticed any problems with your vision? Sometimes people experience problems with their eyes before they notice a headache. Are you using any medication right now? I know that doctor usually suggest surgery as a treatment option and they are very common today. I think that endoscopy surgery is used in this case.