Hello, guys. My mother in law suffers from RA. She has been suffering from this disease for several years. I think she could have rheumatic nodules. I would like to know where these nodules can be found in RA in general. I would really appreciate all your advices. Thank you and good bye!

Hello to you too. Rheumatic nodules are most common extra-articular manifestation of rheumatoid arthritis. It appears in about 25% of the patients. They are localized subcutaneously. They are firm, movable and non-tender nodules. They can mostly be found on bony prominences, extensor surfaces or close to joints. They can be sometimes found on inner organs as well. You can find them in lungs, nervous system, muscles, abdominal organs, sclera, vocal cords, etc. I hope everything will be all right with your mother in law. Bye!