Hi, I have been suffering from mild migraines for as long as I can remember. I used to manage it with Fiorinal. However, recently I have noticed that this drug isnt helping me anymore. Do you have some advice on what the best drugs to treat headaches are? I would like to be able to continue with my normal life, but the headaches are preventing me to.

Hi, I can understand you completely. I suffer from terrible tension headaches too. For years my doctor was treating me with medication that gave little or no results. Then a wonderful thing happened. A friend of mine has suggested I try a different approach to this problem. She said I should try stress management in combination with the drugs in the treatment of my headaches. I have talked to my doctor about this and he said that this may help me. Stress management therapy has helped me to learn how to deal with stressful situations and recognize the early signs of the headaches. Also I have learned how to relax and stop the headaches before they even start. You should talk to your doctor about this approach to treating headaches. I am positive that stress management therapy and drugs are the best combination for your problem too.