I was diagnosed with hypercholesterolemia and my doctor prescribed lipitor to lower my cholesterol. I didn't take it, because my friend told me that I would be destroying my liver with lipitor. I had a heart attack 7 months later, with a total cholesterol level of 370. I am trying to find an alternative for lipitor. Is anyone here who can help me?

You have many various natural options available to treat hypercholesterolemia
You can lower your cholesterol without having to take prescription medication or their dangerous side effects. First of all lifestyle changes including what you eat, exercise, stress factors and natural supplements, all eliminate the need for prescription meds. There are many natural alternatives that can help to lower cholesterol and these include: garlic! guggul, policosanol, red yeast rice, pantethine…. there are at least another 40 natural supplements that can help to lower cholesterol.

My cholesterol was 229. In six months I got it down to 201 with diet and exercise. I'm continuing with diet and exercise hoping to get it even lower.

Exercise 3 times a week for 45 minutes. Weight lifting, bicycling, walking, etc. also eat a diet low in fat, high in fiber emphasising fruits and vegetables. I also take a couple of thousand milligrams of Fish Oil, Flaxseed oil and Garlic everyday.

Your friend was right. Drugs that lower cholesterol are dangerous to your liver and kidneys. Long term effects of their use have yet to be studied. I won't touch them.

My cholesterol was over 400 with triglyceroids at one time over 6000!!! I am on medications (obviously) but have been diagnosed with Insulin Resistant Syndrome. Along with my medication I also went on the South Beach Diet. (low carb) and let me tell you my numbers improved like you wouldn't believe. Basically my body cannot handle all the processed sugars that enter it. Especially enriched foods and actuall "sugar". I do eat whole wheat and whole grain products moderatly and it has made a huge difference. Try to excersise too!