Hi, I would like o start taking garlic supplement for cholesterol lowering, but I need some more information about it’s usage and effectiveness. I prefer to take some natural products than artificial.

Hi, I agree that natural products are better and safer, and garlic is well known and widely used for lowering cholesterol and improving lipid status. High cholesterol levels can have serious health implications on the cardiovascular system leading to atherosclerosis, and indicate increased risk of heart attack or stroke. Garlic is a proven anti-oxidant and prevents LDLs from being oxidized. Garlic reduces blood pressure and cholesterol, so patients with heart diseases, high blood pressure and arthrosclerosis are all recommended to take it. Heart attack and stroke risks are also decreased by regular intake of garlic or it’s supplements.

However, almost all of the 80+ double-blind studies on sugarcane policosanol were conducted by a single research group in Cuba that owns the policosanol patent.

An independent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2006 did not find any benefit of policosanol, even at high doses, on cholesterol profile. This finding has casted some doubt on the reliability of the Cuban research on policosanol.

Hi, I bought great garlic supplements online. They are odorless and tasteless and cheaper that the ones found in stores.

***edited by moderator***web addresses not allowed