I am woman, 45 years old with familiar problem of heart attacks. I found out that reason could be high level of cholesterol. I want to do something about that and lower my cholesterol. What is the best way to prevent disease that probably is hereditary? I need some advice that could help me keep my life healthy.

First thing there should be done is to visit your doctor and check blood with cholesterol test. That is very simple, painless procedure which you should do each year since you are over 40 years old. As you said, there is possibility that you have high cholesterol because of genes. But it’s not just that what is important for cholesterol level. Our diet and lifestyle are also causes for high cholesterol. What we can’t change are genes, but we can change our diet and lifestyle. If you have high cholesterol there are few ways to lower it. Reducing your total fat intake is one important thing, then eliminating your consumption of saturated fat and increasing your consumption of soluble fiber. Unprocessed plant foods like vegetable is, dried beans, lentils, fruit and oats are sources of soluble fibers that helps us to lower cholesterol. Stop smoking and taking regular exercise will also help you lower your cholesterol.

i had a cholesterol test done it was 202 and i have to lower it. I am only 21 and i dont know what to do. Can anyone help me change my lifestyle.

I need to know what steps do I take in lowering my cholestrol.

Hi Stoup and friends,

Below are some of the nutritional supplements helpful to reduce cholesterol:

1) Artichoke
2) Garlic
3) Curcumin
4) Green Tea
5) Fish Oil
6) Vitamin E
7) Soy

“Prevention is better than Cure” is the phrase we should follow….........

check out the article link below for more great information on this.....

organicauthority.com/organic-living/lauras-letter/secret-to-the-cold-and-flu-season.html

Celebrity
There is heart probs in my family.
I had my cholestrol done 2 years running. I was told it was 4.6 an then 4.9 my doctors happy with that an said i dont need to go every year. I am 40
Should i push to kept a check on it?
Also im confused when i read above that your level is 202. Is it tested in a different way? thanks

Hi All,

If you would like an alternative to fish oil, have you considered hemp seed oil?

Hemp seed oil is an excellent source of two essential fatty acids which our bodies require (plus it also contains omega 9).

As you may know, the correct intake of Omega-6 and Omega-3, also found in fish oil, is associated with a decreased risk of cardiovascular disease

Compared with other culinary oils hemp seed oil is also low in saturated fatty acids. Current national and international dietary recommendations for the prevention of cardiovascular disease recommend decreasing the intake of saturated fatty acids in order to lower blood cholesterol concentrations

If you want to find out more about the nutritional attributes of cold pressed Hemp Seed Oil, a recent study by Professor Tom Sanders and Dr Fiona Lewis of the Nutritional Sciences Division at King’s College, London can be found here: goodwebsite.co.uk/kingsreport.pdf

The main take out is probably that even when consumed in small amounts (10ml) per day it will make a substantial contribution to the intake of essential fatty acids which are required for health.

All the best!

Chris

**edited by moderator**

Hi, I'm in grad school for Physical Therapy. I did lots of research for my parents cholesterol and we finally found a natural product that has been a blessing for them.

Take care :-)
Matt

I am 23 and recently had a cholesterol level total of 202. So of course, being a woman, and personally neurotic, I freaked out. In doing some research, I have found that the important thing to note about cholesterol tests at a young age, is that it is basically a snapshot of the weeks prior to the test. If your diet consists of high fat/high cholesterol food (I love cheese and eggs) then you're cholesterol levels will be higher. Obviously, monitor the amount of "good cholesterol" foods (cheese and eggs) because their can be too much of a good thing. Also, monitor your cholesterol every year if you have a family history of heart problems/ high cholesterol (like mine). So, cut back on animal proteins, eat cholesterol-high foods in moderation and exercise! If you have a desk job (like me), then get up and move around (it is recommended that one walk 10,000 steps a day) and get your heart rate up! Hope this helps.