I got my blood pressure checked 1 month ago and it was 156/89 and my hr was 106 im 13 normal weight, im not on medication and have been referred to a cardiologist and im kinda worried

Hi Amanda, that is a highish blood pressure and fast heartrate (called Tachycardia) which is why you are getting referred to a Cardiologist, I'm 38 also normal weight and just went through this, thankfully my heart is fine I just have a fast heartrate and will have to do exercise and dietary to try to control it as much as possible.  Glad you are going to see someone qualified, post back with your results and try to relax as much as possible as stress is not good for the heart or the heartrate either.  Good luck

Hi Amanda, your doctor would be concerned because that is a little high. Sometimes the stress caused by seeing a doctor can cause your blood pressure to go up and you get a higher reading at the doctors office than your blood pressure is normally at. That is called "white coat hypertension" (hypertension means high blood pressure). Doctors understand that which is why they may take your blood pressure a couple if times. and it may or may not happen to you but you doctor just wants to make sure things are ok. If you have been sent to a cardiologist you are in good hands. What is your general health like? Do you get lots of exercise? Do you eat well? Are you stressed about anything? Do you get plenty of sleep? All of those things are important for heart health and blood pressure but there may be other things that the doctor needs to check. Good luck with your appointment. I am sure you will be well looked after. All the best

I have asthma, hayfever and a dust allergy. I exercise at school and I <3 to go walking. I eat well. Im not a stressy person .this summer iv sleept about 12 hours every night although I do miss breakfast in school time 8 hours. Thank you for commenting :-). What country are you from.

I will post back my results my appointment is on the 16th of September ill keep you posted :-)

Thanks for keeping us updated, it's nice to hear back from people.  You seem to be doing everything right but just sometimes our bodies want to play tricks on us, that's what mine is doing to me right now too, I've increased my exercise and included an electrolyte drink watered down as it's too sweet otherwise and both of those are helping me become stronger and more used to the Tachycardia (fast heartrate).  I feel I can breathe better and get/catch a breath easier than before now too and as well I'm getting a deeper sleep so I feel more rested.  Skipping breakfast isn't a bad thing at all just make sure you are including more protein in your diet to make up for it throughout the day, also make sure you keep with your fluids as that is very important to maintaining a healthy blood pressure being dehydrated will increase your blood pressure and make you more tired and increase your heartrate too.  Anyways, talk to you soon.

Im really scared whats gonna happen at my appointment????

Hey there,
It's completely normal to be a little scared when having to see a specialist but they are generally very nice and they deal with people and kids all the time.

The Cardiologist (heart doctor) will probably just do a regular physical exam and then listen to your heart, give you an EKG (little sticky pads that measure the electrical activity in your heart) this is painless. from there he or she may have you do some exercises or schedule you for some more specialized tests depending on what he or she finds out. you may also have to wear a "belt" that keeps track of your heart rate/rhythem for a few days or so. nothing too terrible :)

Ok thank you

I had my appointment today nothing is wrong with my heart although I have a fast heartrate it was 144 my blood pressure was from 172-144 and 84-72. I didn't get put on any medication.

Hi Amanda, thanks for updating us. Good news. All the best.

Your welcome I think im gonna get referred to a kidney docter but my bp has never been over 170

Its good but I might get referred to a kidney docter now and my blodde pressure jas never been that high