I thought for years I am suffering from severe form of migranes for the symptoms I frequently have, such as eye pressure sensation described like the pain behind eyes but also nausea and vomiting as well as dizziness and sometime s it is even double vision. But recently I was diagnosed with hypertension and I started to think if hypertension and headaches might be related. What do you think?

Well I think that your hypertension and headaches might be well related especially according to the symptoms you have described. It usually is not that way I think that headaches are much more related to migraines mild to severe ones but if you have that eye pressure followed by nausea and vomiting than your headaches might easily be hypertension related. But the headaches are not the only problem that your hypertension might cause for it could also cause you some other diseases such as insufficiency of blood vessels and coronary arteries meaning that it might weaken your heart muscle significantly. I control my hypertension with presolol but you have a huge variety of hypertension meds that could be of real help and also might help you in avoiding having those headaches. Anyway the most important thing is to get proper medical treatment in dealing with hyprtension for as you might know it if not treated the hypertension might be fatal regarding the fact that it could easily provoke stroke or hearth attack.