Week ago I got a CT scan of my chest without contrast, my doctor actually wanted me to get the injection but I didn't. I took all metal out of my pockets and my watch, I asked if I should remove my belt as it had a metal buckle nurse said didn't have to. I lay down on the table that moves you in and out. Voice says take a few deep breaths and hold the last one, little light above me on the machine lites up and it begins, after the little light goes out. Voice says you can breathe and then a second time it does it, same thing. Nurse says we have to see to make sure things came out alright and I remain inside the scanner just about where my waist is and it is stopped and the little light is off. Laying there I begin to feel a something (a hot feeling) right in my waist area and I was just about to say something when I hear OK we're done and the table moves me out of the scanner. I get off and grab my things and headed out the door. You know how it is, you want to get out as soon as its done. It's been a good week and now I am experiencing pains when I sit, bend over and just all over waist pains. Should I be concerned about this?

Hello GMOresistant... what type of pains are you having around your waist?  As far as I know, the metal in a CT scan can affect the imaging but shouldn't do anything to you.  What did you have the CT scan, by the way?  I am wondering if the waist pains are related to the issue you had when you had the test.  What was the doctor looking for?  I know for certain that the CT scan shouldn't have caused the pains you are experiencing. 

Has any of our forum readers have a symptom like this after a CT scan?  If you did, what was the problem?

They were looking for lung disease and found some nodules on both lungs and said none were of clinical concern. My main concern is the hot feeling I experienced in the scanner. Could that scanner be faulty at the time and released radiation on me? I have had X-rays, MRI and that was the first CT. I have never experienced (hot feeling) on any others. Thank you