About two weeks ago I started to have a weird feeling in my waist/hips in the back that I had to go to the bathroom (#2) but nothing or very little would come out. At the time I don't think I made a bowel movement in a few days.

The pain is directly below my belly button, across my waist, not on either side, but in the middle. It is a burning/pressure/gas like sensation. I can also feel it right above my butt in the back, around my waist area, just above my butt/real lower back. Feels like I have to make a bowel movement.

It seems to come on about 30-60 minutes after I eat something of substance -- a hamburger, 2 tacos, anything big. I will get this feeling and would try to make a bowel movement so the feeling would go away, but could not, or only a little would come out. Finally, after about 5 days, a lot came out, all messy, watery and I felt relief. This was last week.

However, I still get this feeling, about 1 hour after I eat something of substance. I go to make a bowel movement, have one that looks cut up in pieces that goes right to the bottom of the toilet. However, after I have a bowel movement I still have this pressure for about 1-3 hours until it goes away. Within that 1-3 hours I try to make another bowel movement, and it comes out watery/messy. No blood, normal color.

It is so annoying, so much so that for 3 days I only drank water and ate dry cereal, and had no pain whatsoever. Tonight, I had two tacos and an hour later the pain is back. I made a bowel movement -- it sinks right away (does not float) and is all in small chunks pieces instead of being all together. After the movement the pain subsides for a slight bit, but soon I still have burning in my waist and pressure around my butt/real lower back/waist for 2-3 hours before it subsides completely. It's like when the food reaches a certain part of me the pain begins, like something is irritated.

I should also mention that when this started I was doing the low carb diet for several weeks (my second run at low carb) I was eating little to no fiber or carbs a day for about 6 weeks. I also became addicted to iced coffee and started making my own, drinking 2-3 huge cups of it each day with cream. When I started having these problems, I thought immediately to the low carb (constipation) and the coffee really messing up my gut. I did add strawberries and blueberries to my low carb diet in recent weeks, however. Maybe this is from eating the fruit? I don't know.

I also have had acid reflux for awhile, which is why I went on low carb so I wouldn't eat so many bad foods. It's never been really really bad, but I know I have some kind of acid reflux problem and have had poor digestion. I can feel the slight burning right now in my chest/throat after the tacos. When it acts up I usually use an antacid liquid, which isn't often at all.

No I have not had weight loss in the last 2-3 weeks. Well, the low carb did get me down from a way too heavy 176 (i'm 5'7") to a respectable 164 which I am still at. The first time on low carb I got down to 142 lbs before gaining it all back on a fast food diet. :-( I still weigh 164 (height 5'7") and look much better and feel healthy besides this problem. I am a 30 year old male. No blood in stools, no discoloration of bowel movement. All normal color.

Any help appreciated.

I have it again tonight. Felt great the entire day, then ate 2 poptarts and potato chips. 2 hours later I make a good bowel movement. A half hour after that this burning starts around my waist, under my belly button, it's a dull burning pain that shoots to my lower back/above my butt. Around my waist it feels like fire, and depending on where I lay down I feel juices and stuff moving around my digestive system, and I have to sit on the toilet 3 or 4 times in the next three hours to poop out a little more. Three hours later I'm finally starting to feel better. What the heck is going on? If I eat dry cereal only I don't get this pain.

I have this same exact problem but mine started with ferocious acid reflux that is sort of under control. Now that I'm on a PPI and Bentyl (IBS drug) I have burning under my belly button (in the middle -- sometimes feels middle slightly to the right). It only happens though after a few hours eating a meal. Maybe it's an ulcer of the duodenum? The pain has a burning and irritated nature to it and it's very uncomfortable. Mine does not extend to the back -- my doctor keeps asking me that. I have had a gastric emptying study, many x-ray's, upper endoscopy, etc and nothing was found. CT scan is next if the pain does not go away.

i also get this. it started 2 months ago. i get a sick feeling in my stomach, and i can eat large amount at meals because my memory kicks in and i stop when i am just barely satisfied, but feeling queasy. then i will feel fine, but then 2 hours later i will feel queasy, and feel pressure and a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. then i will have to go to the bathroon and the poop will be chunky and somewhat liquidy. i have tried all sorts of foods and nothing has aleviated it, and i feel tired all the time. as a college student, this is very very frustrating, especially when i am in my 3 hour classes every day. i can't eat breakfast otherwise i feel miserable for the whole day. what is wrong with me!?!?

I have had the same problem for almost a year. Many test and the Doctor's do not know what it is!

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have the exact same symtoms for a month now. Have lost a lot of weight.

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the exact same symptoms and it does go to my back. Doctors have no idea what it is.

Help! 18 year old with the exact same symptoms no idea what it is?