I had a CAT scan done of my brain to check for a bleed in the brain. Now I feel a burning sensation all over my skin, from my mid-chest up to the top of my head. What's going on? Did I get an overdose of radiation?

I had CT scan with dye of my chest several months ago and two days later started experiencing a sunburn like sensation with no visible    burning UNDER my skin from the edge of my armpit to the center of my left breast.  I am a 68 year old male and in good health otherwise.  Any ideas what is the cause and the remedy?  Any health threatening conditions indicated by these symptoms? 

same here head and skin burning and scalp hair burnt. where were these scans done?

where was this done? having same symptoms

had same happen where was this done?

where was this done? me too

Please how long will this last I'm having hot scalp too???

Hello I had a CT scan and the next day buring feeling on my face and scalp. It will go away, unfortunately now I'm dealing with migraines which I never have had in my life. Where was you scan done?

Hi! Did It go away? How long did It take? Thabk you

I had the same symptoms since Nov 2015. Please contact me at

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had the same symptoms. I still having the symptoms it didn't go away. I don know what to do. My doctor said the Ct Scan is not the cause. Do you have any recommendation. Please email me if you can. anaschmidt5656@yahoo,com Thank you

I just had a Ct scan Thursday night on my abdomen, Friday mourning I started feeling like I was burnt and it's just gotten worse. I called my dr and they said they don't know what it's from the film was an allergic reaction to the CT scan I have a rash does anyone know why this is happening?

Same thing happening to me did yours go away

I had CAT Scan yesterday on my neck it has been burning since any suggestion's

during my brain scan I felt like my head was on fire, went to my face and neck feeling like bad sunburn. Stopped after the scan. I am worried cause nothing like this ever happened before when having scans.