Epigastric intense pressure radiating to back, lots of burping somtimes right side pain, but Gallbladder Ultrasound showed no stones, no obstruction, no thickening. 1 Doc says take it out, another states not to that it would be uneccessary Surgery. Not sure what to do. Hida Scan showed low ejaction fraction of less then 5% emptying. Do these sound like Gallbladder symptoms? its' seems to be getting worse now starting to get nausea with it.

I recently had the HIDA Scan which showed 3% ejection rate. I went to a surgeon who said he would offer me surgery but could not reccomend it. I have heard the success rate for gallbladder removal with this type of problem is about 85% helpful. I am nervous to have surgery but have had pain for 4 months and lost 10 pounds. I am going to get a second opinion.

hi, i too have had a recent HIDA scan and after 5 days the DR didnt even have the dictation. i had major nausea during the scan and they did 2 injections of the enzyme part and still after 31/2 hours my gallbladder still showed radioactive material and dilated duct. anyone else had this and eneded up with surgery?
:-(

My Hida scan showed ejection fraction of 30% which anything over 35% is supposed to be normal. I did not have "attacks" like most people do, but I did have headaches, gas, belching, constipation and/or diarrhea. I too was leary of having the surgery because my symptoms weren't that bad. I did however have a constant pain under my ribs, felt like a fist there and some nausea. I have gained weight over the past couple of years, but had a hysterectomy in 2005, so just figured it was from that.

I did decide to go ahead with the surgery and had mine removed 1/28/09. Surgery went well. Had the gas pains for a couple of days with trouble lying down to sleep so just used a bunch of pillows, but that subsided. I did not use pain meds for long due to nausea. The pain for me was very tolerable. I did not have a BM for 5 days after my surgery, but I did not have the bloating or anything that indicated I needed to have one. I was getting kinda upset, drank a lot of fluids, but I have not been eating as much as before with the gallbladder so maybe that had something to do with it. Which I am hoping continues because I have lost five pounds. I keep telling myself it will stay like this because I want to believe the hunger pangs were a product of my gallbladder. (Who knows how long this has been going on because I had felt bad for quit a long time, I feel like a new person) I do not have issues after eating and I actually feel really great! At this point I am really pleased with my results and would do it all over again, but I will keep ya posted if that changes.

I had mine removed Feb. 2, 2009. So it is 7 days later, and I feel like I am recovering from the surgery, even went for a 2 mile walk today. The DR. stated that I had numerous stones and sludge in my gallbladder. He added that the reason why the stones could not be seen on the ultrasound is because they were too small. I had the HIDA scan and I was at 20% functionality. They stated that I did not have any stones in any ducts or anything else. I have the chits like water off a gooses back, but eating like a horse (non fatty foods of course). When I have a bowel movement though it feels like I am having spasms in my mid thoracic area, maybe traverse colon. I was having this problem before, so now I am wondering if I should just have the colonoscopy to rule out anything else. What do y'all think?

Hi everyone I need help I am not sure how this web site works. I have been having pain for 5 years I can tell you the week that it started. I have had ever test that they can throw at me, but the one test that I had I wanted to die it was worse than Child birth and I was in labor for 36 with pertoses and I could not go pass 4 cim so I understan pain. The Hida Scan FE or EF can't remember, but I could fill my gallbladder convolsen spasim to the point I was throwing up, and yes I was crying as 3 people were holding me down for the test.

All test come back clean great health but the pain is still here! I was reading some of my diaries that I keep on how I feel and what I eat this was after a surgery in 2005 to remove half of my liver and a tumor that was on it my liver. About 1 week after the test I felt great and wanted to go work in the garden and the rotatiler was in reverse and it would not stop and it had me pinned up aginst the fense and still going the off botton would not work, so I squezzed my body out from being pinned between the Rotatiller and the Fence it had me squezzed so tight that I only had about 3 inches.
With all of the test coming back normal. Does anyone think that there could be a different problem that I bent something or I smached something. But I will never ever take the Hida Scan FE or EF thanks everone If anyone had a ifdea please let me know

Hi divebuddies--how are you doing now? MY HIDA was 24% last year and 33% this year, with no stones, but I'm feeling lousy. looks like GB removal is the only way to go at this point!

Hi betsyboop1~Curious if youhave decided on surgery. I have EF of 20% and I am scheduled for surgery nest week. I am having nausea, gas, bloating, diaherra & or constipation. I've lost 18 # and can't eat much of anything. Also wondering about divebuddies???

I'm surprised there is no thickening. I'm now starting to have pain going down into my groin and not sure if that is the extra weight pulling on the area or stool not going thru intestine.

I am also on the fence. My EF was 17%, I have no stones supposedly, ruq discomfort, right shoulder blade pain, and light colored stools. One surgeon says remove and one says I don't have to. I'm very nervous about having surgery what should I do?

Hi. When you get the HIDA scan, do you have to get the cck to tell your percentage or can they tell without it. I had to push for the scan and my doc didn't say anything about the cck part. My results are normal but what about my ejection percentage?? Thanks

hI IVE BEEN HAVING LOW BACK PAIN I MEAN IM OBESE AND HAD JUST LOST 35 LBS IN LIKE 2 1/2 MONTHS SO I COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS BOTHERING ME IT WASNT LIKE THE YEARS OF BACK PAIN FROM LIFTING ALL MY LIFE IT WAS LIKE A SMALL GAS POCKET THAT HAS SINCE MOVED TO MY SIDE SINCE MY DOCTOR ORDERED AN MRI OF MY LOWER BACK NORMAL,. BLOOD TEST OF LIVER AND KIDNEYS NORMAL. THEN ULTRA SOUND OF ABDOMEN AND PELVIS NORMAL,,,, STILL HAVING LIKE ANNOYING PAIN REMEMBERING 2 YRS AGO I HAD SUCH PAIN I THOUGHT ID DIE NEVER DIAGNOSED THAT YR ALSO CT OF ABDOMEN NORMAL
JUST UP TO THESE 3 MONTHS MAYBE SOMETHING JUST BOTHERED ME... SO FINALLY EVERYTHING BEING NORMAL I SAID IM GOING TO GASTRIC DR HAD HIDA SCAN WITH THE INJECTION SAY IN MACHINE FOR 1 HR THEN CAME OUT DRANK BOOST BECAUSE THERE WAS A SHORTAGE OF THAT OTHER SO THEY MADE ME DRINK HIGH FAT DRINK BOOST THEN BACK INTO MACHINE ANOTHER HR NO DISCOMFORT IN THAT AREA BUT I MY FINDINGS IN THE REPORT SAID DECREASED GALLBLADDER EJECTION FRACTURE OF 19% AND SAID FINDINGS WERE BILIART DYSKINESIA SEING SURGEON ON THE 19TH OF THIS MONTH WHAT SHOULD I DO?
I THINK NOW LOOKING BACK THAT HORRIBLE BENT OVER PAIN I HAD I BET WAS AN ATTACK

What it mine is 21%7

Hey..how was your experience.. I have same symptoms...hida scan 15%, belching bloating diarrhea constipation headache.. stomach ache.. from last 12 years. I am planned for surgery next week. is it a good idea?

Let me know how it goes..my HIDA scan was 13% and I have epigastric pain after eating fatty foods or even just a little too much dinner. Seeing surgeon next.