Hi , I have been suffering from CS since April this year and feel really ill around 2weeks everymonth, I have seen an ENT specialist and I'm awaiting a CT scan, i have antibiotics each month to take along with nasal sprays/salt baths/steroid drops etc but none of these help apart from the antibiotics which take the infection off for about 2/3wks then it flares up again, I am now suffering terrible headaches and my rhs side vision is getting affected, i feel dizzy and really ill some days, how long does it normally take for a CT scan? and could stress have helped contibute to my problems as I was really stressed from around feb this year to july time, my head feels very full and muffled, sense of smell almost gone and still have the usual pressure pain face etc, can anyone please help?
many thanks Trina :(

I have the same thing and have had a ct scan that showed an opacified place on my sphenoid sinus. I have been to stanford u for eval plus my local ent and an allergist. they found no allergies and finally cultured it after docs put me on many different antibiotics. Miny turned out to be pseudomonas aeruginosa organism. The culture only took three days to come back. they test it to see what will kill that particular bacteria. In my case, I take hydrocortisone for an endocrine prob and that has made me immuniocompromised. This particular bacteria only infects people who's immune system is compromised. It is a serious infection and is resisitant to most of the antibiotics. I am scheduled to see an infectious disease doc soon. I have been on treatment for this for 3 months and it is still here even after culture.
Chronic sinus infections is a hard thing to get rid of and there is usually some other reason that they keep coming back.
Good luck

hi, many thanks for your reply, I have just recieved an appointment for a ct scan on the 24/11/06, is there not an operation that can get rid of chronic sin? Will you suffer with this for the rest of life? Ican fully understand how you feel and really hope that you get cured soon, please can you keep me informed as i will you too? kindest regards Trina xx

I've been suffering from headaches and intracranial pressure and just a heaviness in my head since about NOv. 07. I didn't know what to do. I went to an ENT and had an mRI done. That's when he diagnosed me with chrnoic sinusitis. He gave me antibiotics. But I decided to go to a homeopathic doctor. Ive been feeling headaches, dizziness, lightheadedness and like I can't maintain my balance because of a feeling like I want to faint because of the lightheadedness and pressure in my head. Please is there anyone there who knows of a cure to cure chronic sinusitis? I'm tired of this. I want to be well. i am now seeking an acupuncture chinese doctor to treat my condition. Hopefully this should help. He told me it will take 10 sessions.

thanks for your help.

to better health.

chris

Try cider vinegar 2 tbs in warm 8 oz water for a few days then cut it down to three times a day.  Its kept me off antibiotics for 3 months now