:$ I'm 18 & I've been having this constant pressure in my head for about a month now its always worse in the morning time and occasionally my left eye gets extremely heavy. I've been to the emergency room had blood work done and a CT scan neither showed any complications. They assumed it was migraines, 2 weeks has passed and the "migraine" hasn't gotten any better. Could this be a sign of something serious? Can anyone help!!!

Ive had those exact same symptoms except for 4 months now. Doctors think Im crazy. Nothing seems to help, Its cutting back on what I do with my life.

i have been suffering from headache or better described as a pressure on both sides of my temples. it is constant for 3 months now. i had blood work ct scan everything was fine. what can this be i am driving myself crazy

I have had simular symptoms with severe pressure in my ears, crackles when I swallow and ct scan neg and dr. wants to just prescribe antidepressants which I did try for 1 month and no changes. it is driving me nuts as I have tried physical therapy, exercises, and only a ct has been done. please help as I just want this pressure to go away. Ive tried claritin and I take 800mg of motrin 2 x day but no real relief. PLEASE HELP. My physician want to refer me to a pain clinic. I am not having pain, its just pressure in ears and dizziness and loss of hearing.

same here, doctors want to call it pain. other blogs on this site had many more entries
from a few years ago. you are the most recent I saw. Doctors just want to drug you up. I been suffering for a few months. The crackling, pulsating pressure, blood rushes in head and so forth. It is ruining my life, when this started it spiked my blood pressure. Then they told me it is my blood pressure causing it. put me on a med. but still have the symptoms. going for all kinds of tests. Will get back if they come up with something but according to the other blogs on this not one doctor out there has an answer.

stay as well as you can with this,

So hopefully this may be of help to SOMEONE... I too had/have constant head pressure/pain and #1 yes I am a MAJOR freak when my body "Defects"... I figure I didn't make my body I should be help responsible for it's mishaps.. LOL.. But I do have insurance so I use it.. 

The FIRST time I had head issues it was a 12 on a scale of 1-10.. it was HORRIBLE.. it would fluxuate between a 6 and 7 for a couple days and then it hit 12.  I went to the ER.. they did a CT scan which showed up nothing.  So they gave me a shot of tramodol and sent me home.  The next day I called my AMAZING doctor, who just so happens suffers from migraines.  She said it was probably a migraine after looking at the CT scan from the ER.  So she gave me some Imitrex and off on my way I went.  Nothing or 5 or 6 weeks.  Then I got this constant headpressure again, it stayed at about a 4 but it still was there just nagging me day in and day out.. I tried FeverFew, Butterbur and finally back to the migraine pills.. which help but I really don't want to be on meds my entire life...   So now to the important part of this epic post.. LOL..

I'm turning 30 this year and a friend of mine gave me a groupon for Botox.. I thought "why the heck not".. so I got 20 units of Botox in my forehead .. I figure I've been hopping up on meds for the past 2 months.. whats the difference. I had NO IDEA one of the side effects of Botox is that it helps with migraines.  For 3 months NO HEAD PRESSURE, now that the botox is "wearing off" the head pressure is back.  So it looks like Botox may very well be a great source of relief for those of us with head issues.  Mine is no where near the 12 it first was, but as long as it's nothing serious (which the CT scan ruled out) I'd rather get Botox 3 times a year than to take meds all the time. Just sharing my story because I've been there..

You are not alone. Within the last month I have been experiencing pressure in my head. Sometimes just in one area it hurts. My left ear occasionally goes deaf and I can't hear for a few minutes and hear a loud ringing. Whenever I hear a crack I think Im going to have a brain aneurism. I get dizzy sometimes, I get tingly and feel weird sensations around my body when my head starts to really hurt. The doctors can't find out whats wrong and just keep prescribing me medicines that aren't even helping. And everyone around me just says I'm crazy and that it is all in my head. IT IS NOT all in my head. These symptoms are real and no one understands me when I tell them what is happening.

I was diagnosed with Empty Sella Syndrome several years ago, which deals with the putitary gland. Most of the time it does not bring symptoms with it. My doctor at that time was trying to find out why I was having headaches. Starting last year I began to have this pressure in my head around my left ear, in the the back of my neck sometimes going up to the top. I figure it had something to do with my high blood pressure. I also can have partial taste and partial smell, and my vision is blurry. After seeing my interal medicine doctor, an allergist, and neurosurgeon, and it still could be figured out. I went to my old condition that I thought was not giving me a problem, and I did research. What I found was that most people who have Empty Sella Syndrome also intracranial pressure, and it is called idiopathic intracranical pressure. I immediately went to see my neurosurgeon and explained this to him (which was something he should have brought to me). He ordered a CT scan to see if there was any leakage behind the eyes, because i was having pain behind eyes and nose. He seen nothing. So I looked at him and said Does that mean I do not have it, he saids the only sure way to know is to see a neuro-ophthalmolist and receive a lumbar puncture. Well i did both and my CSF fluid was up to 28.8, a normal one would be between 12-20.

CSf fluid is the fluid in your brain. My ophth put me on Diamox which is also use for elevation sickness and people who have mild tremors, I instantly felt a change after two days. The side effects are awful metallic taste when you drink beverages, tingling in fingers and toes and I had an allergic reaction to it, i developed rashes all over that inched so bad at night. She is now going to change my prescription to something else, I am on my way to get it. I hope this helps you. One thing about intercranical pressure with people who have empty Sella we are mostly overweight just losing 5 pds will bring the pressure down. I am not saying you have empty sella, you can have intracranical pressure without having empty sella, because the idiopathic means unexplained. 

Me too... I need help I'm 28 and have been in pain for a month now too my head hurts soo bad and I have been to two different hospitals and did CT scans and at both hospitals they are coming back negative I don't know what's wrong with me can you help

I agree what's wrong did they tell you can you help me please find out? my head only feels better if I'm laying and I get nauseated as well when the pressure really kicks in

I have also been struggling with this for a month now. I have strange pressure and just a nagging feeling in the back of my head. I stay pretty light headed throughout the day as well, I'm so fed up. I've been to multiple doctors. My blood work and CT scans come back fine. I'm at a loss.

Have you found answers? I am struggling with the same thing.

My daughter is 17 and is going through the exact same thing blood work n catscan show no problem.... What can she do ?

Hi. All of you seem to be describing my symptoms which I had for several years. Get to an HEENT or EENT. I had hearing loss, tinnitus, head pain, dizziness and pressure in my head that gradually got worse. The doctor, like all others could see nothing on regular examine. He then placed a tube through my nose and found a lot of pus back there that had built up over time. He prescribed augmentin for 14 days along with steroids. I hope this helps you all.

Hi everyone. So last Thursday, I had a headache all day. It started in the back of my head, so I figured it was just a tension headache. Throat was a little scratchy, so I thought maybe I was coming down with something. The next day, I felt better, but the headache was still there. Pretty dull though, not as noticeable as the day before. But I was very blah throughout the whole day. Irritable, and just didn't feel like myself. I went to the gym after work, but after my run, I felt very "out of it." Attributed it to me not feeling well. Saturday rolls around, and I'm a bit better. The headache came and gone throughout Saturday and Sunday. But I also felt tingly, and my face at times felt numb. Dizzy at times, lightheaded. Like my head felt heavy. Very foggy and unbalanced. Sunday evening, I ran on the treadmill, and afterwards the headache was back and not dull. Really scared me, as I've never gotten a headache after working out. I should mention that I suffer from anxiety and vertigo. So naturally, I worked myself up. I allowed myself to self diagnose using the internet, and convinced myself I was having a stroke or was about to have one. I barely slept Sunday night, kept waking up in sweats, and fear that something bad was going to happen. That I had some brain aneurysm that was going to erupt. I know it probably sounds crazy, but it's so very real for me at times. I spent all of Monday in bed, under covers sleeping. Nauseous all day, only ate a piece of toast the entire day. It was a beautiful day out, and I couldn't get the energy to get out of bed and enjoy the sunlight. The headache was more behind my eyes at this point. Today, I'm feeling better, but my face feels like pressure on it. Under my eyes, especially. But there are times it feels like it's in my forehead or the back of my head. Feels puffy, but doesn't look puffy. I have a Dr appt for for tomorrow, but should I maybe go to urgent care or the ER? Anyone else experience this stuff? Is it just my anxiety getting the best of me?