HI,

Was wondering if someone can tell me if its normal to be snoring after a tonsillectomy and a uvulopalatoplasty. My husband had these a few days ago to reduce his incredibly loud snoring, but it seems to be worse than ever, is this normal!!?? :-(

Yes, I think that would be perfectly normal for now while he is recovering from the surgery because it is probably very painful for him right now. It should go away after the helling process is done but up until that point he will probably be a loud snorer. His snoring will likely go away. Can you keep us posted on how he does please?

Hi thanks for reply!

He is now on day 10 following the tonsillectomy. Its certainly been a rocky road....last weekend we ended up in A&E because the pain killers werent working at all, and he was shaking with pain....very worrying,...however, things seem to be improving slowly day by day, but he still has a fair amount of pain. The snoring is the same at the moment, but i have my fingers crossed!

scooby

Supporter,

He is now 12 days post op and still snoring like an engine....i am starting to worry that this op has been all for nothing...eeek..advice please!!?

N

Can you tell me what happened to your husband's snoring? I have a similar problem with my son after a T&A. They say it will probably go away after a couple of weeks. I just don't like that they used the word, "probably". He didn't snore before the operation.

Hi, I was wondering too what happened to your husband...my husband has the exact same problem and I'm at my wits end. I can't take the snoring!

Hi there,how is your husbands snoring now?

Hi I'm in the same boat and came across your post from a google search. Any updates on your husband's snoring. My husband is on his 11th day and seems to be 90% recovered but still snoring just as much as before. Really hoping it stops. Any good news?

I have had the surgery myself, I thought it would help me with sleep apnea. It has not taken the snoring or sleep apnea away. Maybe for some it helps but it did not work for me. I still have to use the CPAP and wake up like I did not sleep. Hope others do better than myself.

Hi, saw your post. I'm scheduled for a similar procedure next month. Mine is not called a tonsilectomy, but basically they remove the tonsils, cut out a vertical section of tissue, sew back together. I also have a blocked nasal passage they are doing at same time. Where was your procedure done? I'm doing mine at Stanford. Thanks

I had this surgery done approximately 15 years ago & I still snore like a freight train! I'm a petite woman and only weight 125 lbs. Are they any other options for me?