I see here that others are having the same issue as me. 6 weeks ago I had my tonsils out, and after 2 weeks I felt pretty much healed. But since last week my uvula  and my throat is visibly red and sore and also my soft palate seems to be either inflamed or bigger/lower than normal it's wierd. it seems like on the left side there seems to be some residual tonsil tissue and has been a whitish /red color and I feel the pain as if I had my tonsils. It's bothersome to talk and feel my throat is semi obstructed. My pcp said it's just viral infection but I'm going Friday to my ent so he can have a good look. Do other people find this is common after they had a tonsillectomy ? Does anyone find it could be an issue with their adenoids ? 

I'm having the same problem. It's been 6 weeks since my tonsilectomy and everything you described is how I feel. What did your ENT say?

So this was 6 months ago when I wrote this post. Basically he said it's just taking longer to fully recover. And that it's either allergies or acid reflux bothering it. In time the uvula got much better. However I have found that since my tonsils were taken out, my allergies have acted up and thyroid even, autoimmune stuff. So I think my body is just attacking my throat tissues , after eating some foods. Perhaps in the past it attacked my tonsils,but now it's my pharynx I suppose....... What I find has helped is menthol lozenges to soothe the throat and calm inflammation, and ice.... I would suggest following up with your dr for exam ... . Dealing with the thyroid now , hoping that will help this.....