It has been 4 weeks and a day and I still am struggling with a swollen Uvula and my inside mouth has healed rather asymetical. I don't know if it is because the Uvula is still swollen or the left side has made some scar tissue and is making the uvula hang low on the that side. I am upset because it is like I am swallowing it and afraid that is going to stay that way. I am done with the scabs and all the pain. I am toward the very end of my steriods. The doctor finally agreed to even give me any but it isn't healping.

2nd problem but it might be getting better is the taste buds, man, they must really clamp and put trauma on the tongue. I feel that slowly it is returning, slowly.

Anyone have issues with the uneven healing and uvula still a problem after 4 weeks??? HELP.

Hi! Im on week 3 after having my T&A done, and Im having the same issues.  Ive been looking all over the internet trying to figure out when my taste will return and the uvula swelling will go down, but every site says something different.  Its good to know that I'm not alone on this, I guess ill just have to call my doc and make another follow up appointment to see whats going on. best of luck to you as well

Did you ever get any resolution? I'm 3 weeks post-op from my tonsillectomy and my palate is lower and more so on one side. I do think my uvula is touching the back of my tongue and when I eat very bulky foods I sometimes feel like I have to swallow a bit extra to get it down. Did you ever have any follow up with this?

I am also 4 weeks out from surgery and have still have pain when I swallow. My uvula is also healing uneven and when I open my mouth wide it feel like scar tissue is pulling and I feel little "pops " in the back of my throat. Very weird feeling!!! Is all this normal??

i am 35/m and on week 4 of my recovery.

my uvula is still swollen, though not as bad as from a couple of weeks ago. had some scabbing on it (the uvula itself) which may suggest it may have been cauterized. still can't swallow properly but im SLOWLY improving. the pain is almost completely gone, although it does get sore especially at the end of the day. ironically, feels like a mild case of tonsillitis. i still have some scabs especially on the right side. the cavity seems a bit deeper on that side so that may explain it.

my biggest issue now is my sense of taste (or lack thereof). again, SLOWLY improving as the days go by but i still am unable to completely taste anything sweet. very frustrating.

so that's it for now. uvula still swollen, scabs still present (more on one side), swallowing still an issue, and still can't taste most things. when will this end????

Hi, I'm 26 days after tonsillectomy and was wondering if you feel better now. I have exactly the same issues you had: uvula still swollen, scabs still present (more on one side), swallowing still an issue, and still can't taste most things. Please tell me it's going to get better soon!

omg. same same same experience i'm having right now! did it ever resolve?

Had the same experience when I had my tonsillectomy a year ago. My sense of taste took a very long time to return to "normal" (around 6 months after, if I'm not mistaken). Even then, I feel my sense of taste is not as sensitive as it once was, especially when it comes to anything sweet. It's there, but not as pronounced as before. I basically lost my sweet tooth... which is a good thing if you think about it. :-)

My post op is next Friday and I am still finding it hard to swallow and my uvula feels uneven and still have swelling on one side of my mouth. My stitches are irritating and I keep gagging. Worst surgery I’ve every experienced.

You guys must be some slow healers I’m at 2 weeks and 5 days and I feel fine the swelling has gone down I’m sleeping a lot better and I’m getting back into my old eating habits. Maybe some ice chips and drinking water throughout the night helps too the first week post op I would set an alarm throughout he night because my throat would get extremely dry and cause a lot of pain. My post op is in 2 days and I think I’m good to go.