I'm getting a tonsillectomy Monday, and I'm really excited about it! I think it's going to be great fun, don't care about the pain at all, I hope it's two weeks of intense agony (in reality I'll probably change my mind the moment I wake up out of surgery).

When I went in the doc also said that he was going to shave off a little bit of my uvula. Now this has me concerned. I have googled and read a bunch of stuff that shows this surgery can be bad long-term. (Quick background, I don't get infections, I have trouble sleeping and breathing while lying down, I had a study that said I have a 8/10 in snoring, but not Sleep Apnea, yet I have trouble sleeping, and nobody ever tells me I snore. Perhaps, due to better air/allergen conditions during the test, I slept deeper in the hospital and thereby had the snoring) Anyways, I just want to know what people think of having a little bit of my uvula shaved off. To me it sounds like not a good idea, I don't want anything to risk making sleep worse, I want to sleep like a baby so bad. But then again, maybe it could help, and I certainly wouldn't want an 8/10 snoring problem to accompany my new sleeping capabilities (although, it would be well worth it!).

I am a 22 year old male.

Thoughts? Particularly from people who have experience with this procedure? (but also from anyone else too w/ good information)