Okay I really need some advice...... I just found out 2 days ago that I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have been drinking alcohol reguarly on the weekends and partying alot. I am not sure if I should have the baby if any thing will be wrong with him/her! Some one help me please I have like only 2 weeks to go for an abortion if i need one!!!!

At 14 weeks you have just passed the first trimester. A lot of women drink before they find out they are pregnant, and have healthy children. It is extremely important that you seek prenatal care immediately and a medical doctor can give you accurate information about the situation. There are risks, yes, but that doesn't make anything positive. If you want this baby, have it, and start living your life better in preparation of being a mother.

Well, if I were in your situation, i would most certainly seek medical advice. I mean, you are only 14 weeks and if chances are that something MAY be wrong with your child wouldn't you love it anyway? So just sit down with your partnet and medical provider and talk it out, probalby the best way.

Best wishes,
Christi

hi
please someone help me to decide or just make sense of what to do. I had a miscarriage and until a week before hte miscarriage didnt know i was pregnant. i had a d&c didnt have sex for 2 weeks, and now about 9 weeks later I just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant! i had no idea its possible, i mean we took precautions, but im not on the pill anymore, and because i thought I wasnt pregnant nor planning it for a few months i drank a lot, partied, had fun, i dont and never did drugs but i smoked and am trying to cut that down, and i drank heavily, which i also cut now, but i mean 2 months...if i did damage and hurt my baby, i would rather not put her/him through the total despair of being "not normal", i am a psychology student so although i love all kids, i dont think i can handle a baby with FAS, I KNOW the hell they go through and the pain of parents from having their kids unappreciated.
what do I do??? did I hurt my baby??
its 8 weeks, i totally messed around with alcohol and cigarettes all this time after the miscarriage and im petrified.

Most women do not find out they are pregnant until about 10 weeks, and alot of women use drugs and drink. I really think you are going to be fine, you need to wait about 2 more weeks to see a prenatal dr, and they can tell you what is going on, and listen to the babys heart beat! Im 10 weeks now and just went to my first appt. you can wait up to 14 weeks befor you go to your first prenatal appt.
GOOD LUCK !

There is a high likelihood that alcohol use during your pregnancy (especially binge drinking) will have adverse developmental affects. Drinking in a light, steady pattern (like one small glass of wine with dinner throughout the week) is not as bad as "binge" drinking (basically getting drunk). Listening to the baby's heart won't tell you anything about the fetus; alcohol affects the facial features of a baby and their cognitive abilities (their brain doesn't form properly). This is already affected by the fourth and fifth weeks of being pregnant (which is when gastrulation and neurulation occur...and they are most affected by alcohol). Even if there are no facial abnormalities, there are very likely cognitive delays with binge drinking. I'm not trying to discourage the pregnancy, I just want to make sure you're informed correctly. And it's not your fault - you didn't know you were pregnant. It also depends on how much you drank. And there are rare cases of babies born to mothers who binged on alcohol in the first trimester that don't have facial abnormalities, so the mothers hope their children are fine. But an MRI or CT scan (brain scans) will show their brains are not fully formed. And when the child grows older, we see all sorts of cognitive problems; functionally, academically and socially. I think it's better to be informed. Don't blame yourself. Good luck!

The choice is ultimately yours.. I have a 13 year old daughter, I didnt find out I was pregnant until I was 5 months pregnant with her.. I did anything and everything you could imagine... I drank enough to drown a fish, I was smoking cigarettes, pot AND even meth.. I went to a friends house on halloween and took a hit off his glass pipe and immediately got sick and found out on November 12th that I was 5 months along, I never took another drink, another hit of anything and it completely turned my life around.. I was scared to death but I had her and everything was perfect.. I am now 14 weeks 3 days pregnant with my second child and was also drinking with this one, I found out early on with this one though and have quit everything, doctor says everything looks great with this baby too..

Not everyone is as fortunate to have healthy babys and not everyone is fortunate to have a baby at all, god gave you your baby for a reason and I believe he will be there with you and your unborn every step of the way... Have some faith that things will be good! I wish you and yours luck in this journey

Girls,
sometimes you are really lucky.First trimester screening is very important so run don't walk to your doctor and get a sonogram and blood work up so you can make an intelligent choice.If there is a chromosomal problem,it is random and that is the major reason for first trimester miscarriages and problems.Most likely your baby is fine and if you take really good care from now on,you probably will not have any problems.Please,tomorrow get yourself to a good ob/gyn and be open about your behavior.They like to do a nuchal sound around wk 12 which can show fetal abnormalities so no do not wait any longer.

i am 14 weeks n 2 days pregnant now n found out only last week i was pregnant and i drank lots n lots and smoked now i dont oviously as i found out but i have had a scan and everything is fine and i am very happy xxx :-D

girl dont worry your fine some people may make you feel bad and try to scare you cause they think they r better than you or know it all...truth is they are very well protected especially in the beginning and they only get about 10 % of what u have after the first trimester...i mean unless you are totally out of control every single day..like a raging alcoholic then you r fine...im not saying to keep doing what your doing because you want the best for your baby vitamins and minerals from a well balanced diet ya know?....so dont trip..everything is fine...i know this from my own expierences and lots of people ive heard about and have been around...just think..do you think you are the first female ever with that lifestyle that found out she was pregnant late?...if all babys were doomed to motherfs like that more than half of all babys born would be deformed with severe mental problems...right?

I drank ALL the time until I found out I was 9 weeks pregnant... Freaked out my entire pregnancy but my baby couldn't be more perfect and smart. Try to relax, hard as it is. Don't do any internet research on alcohol and pregnancy-- it'll just torture you. The baby will be ok!

I love how you replied. You really put my mind at ease. I also found out late ( I'm almost 5 months and just found out 2 weeks ago) I was also drinking and smoking. When I read what you posted,, girl, it makes perfect sense amd you are so right. I'm not saying at all that it's fine to drink and smoke. While pregnant cause it's not. But for us women that find out late cause of off periods or for whatever reason. What you said is so very true cause not every women is regular with their periods and not every women will know within a month or two that they're pregnant. This is my third pregnancy and only with my first pregnancy I knew right away cause we were trying. My second took us 11 years and since my periods were never regular I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 4 months gone and I drank and smoked heavily the whole time not knowing I was pregnant now my daughter is 8 months old and I just found out that I'm pregnant again and again I'm almost 5 months. I've also been drinking with this one cause I didn't know. I have my first doctors appt this Thursday 12-11-14. IM gonna tell my doctor everything so they can check. I just wanted to let you know how right you are and I'm so glad you posted that. I know it was a long time ago but even so it reassured me. Thank you!

Hey I'm 14 weeks and I'm 16 years old. 4 weeks ago I didn't know I was pregnant and I was drinking like 7 boxes and 2 vodka bottles and my baby is perfect the way it is. I did not plan to have this blessing I did use the pill but for sure now the pill do not work. I didn't stress out that I was pregnant cause I've been there and I had a tragic miscarriage because of violence. Being pregnant is the best blessing I've had in my life. Everyone thinks I'm not going to handle it but I think ik going to be great. My partner got his job we have shelter,food and drinks. I've already got baby stuff. No harm at all in my concerns