I have had two healthy children vaginal birth with complications and never mention of hyprothyroidism. Now in my 6th month pregancy with 3rd child the doctor just happen to mention that another ultrasound is needed to confirm this possible issue....I am very confused because all my research states that this should tested in first trimester not towards end of second and beginning third trimester. No worries or complications up to this point. why now. what kind of chemicals are in my system that could make my doctor think that this is possiblities. To be perfectly honest I have drank during this pregancy, and done some street drugs-majuana, oxys, and possibly crack. I am very ashamed to admit %-)

my mom had hypothyroidism, and the doctor noticed an increase in calcium. that's how they found out she had it. but, wow! alcohol and street drugs can really harm your baby. i know it must be hard to admit. have you ever mentioned this to your doctor? your baby could be born with an addiction and have to go through withdrawls. i know that you are not supposed to just stop using drugs if you have an addiction because the withdrawls can be worse for a fetus. but, maybe you should ask a professional about something you can do to make sure that everything will be okay with your baby. i hope all goes well. take care.

Hey,

It sounds like this is causing you a lot of stress. :( I am sorry that you are going through this and are worried whether everything is fine with your baby now. To be honest, I would let the doctor do an ultrasound and just trust that you are in capable hands and if there is anything that needs managing, it will be taken care of. The last thing you need is to stress out during your third trimester of pregnancy. I had ultrasounds all through my pregnancy, at every appointment; that's just the way they did it where I live, so don't worry that the ultrasound itself is dangerous.