Is it safe to have small amounts of alcohol in pregnancy? Like beer or champagne? I like to have a drink with my friends after lunch, martini is my favorite. Would it be harmful for my baby? I’ve been avoided drinking since found that was pregnant. What do you think?

Alcohol, tobacco and drugs are in the same group, good to avoid, in pregnancy. And not just good, but necessary to avoid. There is risk of development fetal alcohol syndrome that is very dangerous disorder. Get real. Eat vitamins and avoid fast food. Put green leafs on your menu so you won’t crave alcohol after that.

If you ever have any questions about what you can and cant take and do during pregnancy you can call the Texas Teratogent Information Service center. They are there to answer any questions you could have for free. The number is 800-733-4727, and everything you tell them is confidential.

You should never drink during pregnancy, not even a sip. It can be harmful to the embryo or fetus.The first trimester is when the baby is developing all of its organs. A very crutial time. As long as you have stopped as soon as you found out you are pregnant, you should be o.k. Around 18 weeks of pregnancy you should have an ultrasound and they can predict if your baby was affected by the alcohol or not.

Good luck to you and your baby!

BROOKLYN