Hello. I'm pretty worried right now and I don’t know what to do. I'm 18 year old female and just recently I have found out that I'm six months pregnant. I don’t know a lot about these things and thought that my irregular menstrual bleedings are caused by some normal hormonal disbalances but I was wrong. When I noticed some signs such as enlargement and soreness of the breasts, nausea and vomiting I have contacted my gynecologist and after an ultrasound he has determined that I'm in my six month of pregnancy.
What should I do? If my father finds out about this-He will kill me!

Well, I understand you stressful this situation can be and I will try to help you with some information.
Well, you have probably aware of the fact that now is too late for abortion. Don’t you even think about this option because, in this country, you can do almost everything for the right amount of money- but your life would be seriously ingeperdissed?
So you will have to keep this baby. The most logical move is to tell your parents all about this because it’s miracle they didn’t notice this before. Like I said- talk with them and see what your options are.
Next person you should talk to is the father of that baby. With some luck and good will- this all could end up just fine.

i Have had a history of missed cycles but i always was on the safer side always checked if there were chances of conceiving, Sweetheart im amazed about the fact that u urself never noticed forget ur parents....the first thing u do is speak to the father of the child and then speak to ur parents and out of ur parents let it be ur mom FIRST....i really hope she understand...cause there is no way that y can go through an abortion now more than anybody else its u who is goin to suffer...and believe me ul regret it all ur life...DNT DO IT

wow this is really wierd how could you not know that you werent pregnant? (i mean not judging cause i was 4 mo's and i totally found out like 4 going on 5) BUt im 6 mos now and ill be seven in april but i feel her kicking and doing jumping jacks... but i hope that all gos well you can email me at the screen name if you want by the way im nineteen and it is hard being pregnant so young!!!!

Your situation sounds exactly like mine. I was on the depo shot for years so i had no period. I went for a routine physical for my job at the hospital and nothing was said about pregnancy. I took three at home tests cause i felt kinda tired all time but they were all negative. So finally i went into my gyno for my shot and she told me i was preg. I set up an ob appt and just by looking the doc said maybe two months, but he heard a heartbeat!! I was near seven months along. I guess I felt the kicking all along but just thought of it as gas pains and cramps from my shot. Crazy!! i didnt know what to do or who to tell first!! They part that scared me the most was the fact that I had just turned twenty=one and was out all the time drinking and smoking like a train.. But luckily the baby was fine and she is now a bright eyed 2 year old. Just stand up and tell your parents. There really is nothing they can do about it.
Either support you or not. Which I believe they will. they may be a little angy at you at first but hey its their grandchild they cant be too mad!!!

You should tell your parents for the babies sake. It's gotta be hard being so young. But being a young pregnate lady is the thing.There "could" be complications with your pregnancy the younger you are,just like being older (over 35).You are now a parent yourself,So you need to be responsible and grown-up and talk to your parents.They need to know.Parents can help and give you tons of information and help with the pregnancy. Yes, they could be upset at first but they WILL get over it. They will get over it a lot faster when they see your love,concern,devotion to your pregnancy,and responsibility,they will soon enough see there baby girl(you) as a grown up. A parent.It's hard for family members to take on "new roles" your goal should be to take responsibility get educated and make good choices. You will soon enough find especially at the birth things are in a differant prespective for you,you'll have more of a motherly instent and will understand your parents.It's nature. Concentrate on the baby everything else falls in the place at the own time. Hope this helps.Bless you.

How much do you weigh? I just finished my internship and the only cases of unknown pregnancy getting this far along are obese people who would obviously not show.

I dont understand why people think that younger people can't and shouldn't have children? Aslong as they can financially support and emotionally support them.. i don't see why they can't have a child?
Everybody always looks down on young people as if they shouldn't even be allowed to own ovaries or a vagina in that matter, if younger people weren't allowed to give birth then why was they given a uterus, vagina and ovaries to conceive one?

In my honest opinion, i think everybody has the right to there own decisions and mistakes, they shouldn't be told that they are too young to give birth thats complete rubbish...

that is really tough- I got pregnant before I was married (we got married a week after finding out) but I was terrified of telling my mother. She was really upset, as was my whole family (and I was 22), but they were still really supportive and everything worked out in the end. However, if you are young and don't want to keep the baby (and obviously can't have an abortion- which I think is wrong anyway-if you are having sex you need to be responsible enough to deal with the consequences of having sex, otherwise you should not be having sex) you always have the option of giving your baby up for adoption. There are so many people out there who are unable to have children and want to adopt babies, but it is very hard to find one in this country to adopt because of abortions. If you do keep the baby, make sure you have a lot of help from family members, because raising kids is hard work! But if you don't feel you can handle that responsibility right now (don't forget, it's for at least the next 18 years!), you can help both your baby and a loving couple have the family that they desperately want through adoption. Good luck!

i have a 4 yr old son now i was 19 when i found out i was pregnant i was terrified i was pregnant and didnt know who to tell i confided in my best friend i finally told my mum i was late but didnt tell her i was preg i just asked her if she thought it was a gud idea to do a test so i did one with her as i dint know how to cum out with it and tell her so this was my way out of it obviously test came bak positive she cried for a minute then she was fine i think people panick bout the reactions of other people and most of the time u can be genuinely supprised as i was bite the bullet the stress wont do u or the baby any gud and the more time they have to get used to the idea the better

Everyone will have a ton of advice for you about what to do, but you are the one that is going to have to live with this situation. You are too late for an abortion, but you always have the option of adoption. I am 6 months pregnant and I understand how hard this would be for a lot of people, but I recently had a friend that gave her second child up for adoption. It was hard on her but it was the best thing for the baby, and in my opinion was an act of selfless love for her child on her part. You can even adopt within the family, although be sure that you make clear arrangements first about what the child will know. You may not want to hide that you are the baby's biological mother. Believe me I know how hard it must be for you, I am 25 and unmarried and finishing up my last year in college, and I get remarks about "what are you going to do?" and "I know a lovely couple that is looking to adopt.." and "when are you going to get married?" when in my opinion it isn't anyone's business. My boyfriend is supportive and helping me get through my last sememsters of school financially. We do have the right as women to make our own choices, but you will have to be strong and face everyone that wants to impose their views on you! Its hard being pregnant and single, but be strong! Do what is right for your child.

It is a hard situation to be in but you are 18. And that makes you an adult. You need to discuss this with the father of the baby first and foremost. Figure out if he wll be a part of this. Figure out a plan and then discuss this with your parents especially if you are living in thier house. You also need to decide what it is YOU want to do. You can keep the baby or give the baby to another loving family. Do what is best for you and not what others want you to do. There is nothing worse then getting pressured and then having regrets. Decide what is best for you and your baby and go with it. I wish you all the best.

Hey im 19 and just found out im past 6 months and i had NO idea. i told my mom right away and let her tell my dad. chances are theyll help out if not they arent doing a good job with parenting now are they? if they arent supportive, pray the father will be. its scary at first but now that everything is working out i couldnt be happier. my mom is just glad i cant get an abortion because that would devastate her. my dad. well he thinks im a f**k up and that i have issues but thats why i dont relly tlak to him anymore. my mom and dad are still together so its difficult to ignore him because he makes alot of rude comments but believe me having my mom here is helping alot. alot of people will be supportive. esp. friends and family. so look for help other places too!

I know it is scary to find out you are pregnant and not married. I was 17 and pregnant and the scariest thing was telling my parents. Well they were shocked and upset at first but they were supportive. As far as adoption this is great for you and your baby if you feel that you are not ready for the responsibility of raising another human being at this point in your life. There are many people who want to adopt and it is very difficult because many young women choose to kill their unborn child rather than be embarrassed and uncomfortable for a few months. I would be glad to give you some more help and support during this difficult time you have. Let me know if you would like some extra support or just a friend to talk to that has been in your shoes before. Your Friend

well i would have to would agree with the rest that abortion is out of the question. and despite what you think, your parents aren't going to commit an act of murder because your pregnant. i'm sure you are afraid to tell them but you really should and the father of the baby as well. also consider your other options. while you will have to give birth to this miracle, you don't have to keep him or her. there are countless numbers of infertile couples just waiting to adopt. so i suggest researching adoption agencies in your area. and should you decide to keep the baby then seek all the assistance you can get from family, friends and your state. remember, you're not the first person this has happened to nor will you be the last...hundreds of other young women have found themselves in your position thinking their parents would "kill them". unexpected pregnancies are no longer "the end of the world" in this day and time. and just for the record, i happen to be 6 mos. pregnant myself, an unexpected/unplanned miracle...except i am 41...little different situation...but i was also an unexpected/unplanned pregnancy given up for adoption all those years ago...and it was the best thing my birthmother ever did for both of us....we have been reunited for 5 years and have a great relationship...no regrets...hope things work out well for you...