do i need to talk to my doctor before starting prenatal vitamins

most prenatal vitamin like calcium and omega 3 has side effect if you consume over recommended dosage

Yes. but it helps if your doctor is not FDA biased - Only use 100% natural prenatal vites. Check the fine print.

I took a certified organic probiotic. Prenatal vitamin pills as well as any mutli-vitamin pill for that matter, are useless to the consumer. "they" extract a vitamin enzyme from a fruit for example and all the processing and heating that is done to the vitamin enzmye, has completely destroyed the vitamin enzyme, therefore, it is pointless and un-beneficial to the body. I believe the probiotic I use(d) was the best nutrition that I could offer my unborn baby and the best nutrition that I could offer her, when she was a newborn baby (while I breastfeed). Even now that she is 6 mths, I give her a little probiotic as well.