Hi, I am in fifth month of pregnancy, and I want my baby to be as healthier as possible. A friend recommended me some prenatal vitamins that she used, but I’m not sure if I can take anxiety meds at the same time. I would appreciate any suggestion.

Hi, when I was pregnant I used prenatal vitamins for two or three months. I had to do it because I didn’t have a healthy meal for a long time before I found out I was pregnant. Those prenatal vitamins had all the supplements for me and for a baby. They contained calcium, iron, folic, vitamin A, and some others. I was anxious during whole pregnancy, and I needed some anxiety meds, but my husband asked me not to take any strong medication before the delivery. I went to doctor because I wanted to hear professional opinion. She told me that many women take prenatal vitamins, and that they’re safe. However, she told me that many anxiety drugs are not proven to be safe for the baby. I decided not to risk, and to listen to my doctor and husband.