I found out symptoms that I have are typical symptoms of diarhea. I felt cramping abdominal pain, nausea and urgent need to use a bathroom. That was accompanied with loose watery stools. It lasts a day or two and goes away on its own without any special treatment. I would like to know if I have to consult the doctor and how he could help me.

Although diarrhea is usually not harmful, can become dangerous, or signal a more serious problem. You should see the doctor if you find yourself in one of the next examples. If you have diarrhea for more then three days, if there is severe pain in the abdomen or rectum or your fever is 102 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Also, contact your doctor if you notice blood in your stool or if it became black, tarry stools. You should take care about dehydration, and if there is any sign of it, immediately visit your doctor. One more important thing, diarrhea can be dangerous in children if too much fluid is lost and not replaced quickly. Usually, the only treatment that is necessary is replacing lost fluid to prevent dehydration. Sometimes medicines that stop diarrhea can be helpful sometimes but they are not recommended for everyone. For example, people whose diarrhea is caused by bacterial infection or parasite shouldn’t take medicines. That will only trap the organism in the intestines prolonging the problem. Instead, the doctor usually prescribes antibiotics.