I Am 5'2 90 Pounds and 11 Years Old! This Is Average (I Think) But I Think I Might Be Bulimic. I Am Really Unfonffy With My Weight And Every Night I Go To Bed Hungry And Guilty. My Friends Think This To And So Do All The Tests Online. Everybody Always Says I Am Supper Skinny But When I Look In The Mirror All I See Is Fat and Ugly Me. This Started Like A Two Years Ago. I Always Count Calories And Try Diets But Nothing Ever Makes My Skinnier. I Can't Talk To My Mom Or Dad About It Or My Doctor They Just Yell At Me. What Should I Do? I Am Kind Of Lost And This Is Really Scary For Me I Mean My Friends Are There For Me But They Don't Know How I Feel Right Now OR Anything. I Am Feeling Really Alone And Embarrassed And Don't Say I Should Go To My Parents Because I Tried Talking To Then But They Just Judge And Yell At Me! Help? :'(

First of all, its a good step to recognize there is a problem with your eating behavior and you are reaching out. Let me ask you some questions first if you don't mind.

Are you vomiting or abusing laxatives to prevent weight gain? Do you eat large amounts of high-calorie foods, usually in secret?

If your answer is yes, then you may be bulimic as you stated. Bulimia can be dangerous. It may lead to serious medical complications over time. For example, vomiting over and over again puts stomach acid in the esophagus (the tube from the mouth to the stomach), which can permanently damage this area. Some of the possible complications are constipation, dehydration, dental cavities, hemorrhoids and swelling of the throat among others.

You are a young girl and should not run these risks. I can understand how the 'yelling' and 'nagging' form your doctor and parents can be frustrating. Understand that they care about you and love you. You are not alone. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I hope this is of help. Of course my best advise is to see your doctor, but I understand that you don't feel like they understand you.

God bless