I have constant diarrhea and to be honest it is starting to get on my nerves. I feel like I am in prison. I can not go nowhere because I am afraid that I will have urge to go to bathroom, which is very often. What is happening to me?

It seems to me that you are having a diarrhea that is lasting for more than few days. This is a good enough reason for you to go to your doctor. Diarrhea is a watery stool occurring more than three times in one day. It is a common problem that usually lasts a day or two. Prolonged diarrhea can be a sign of other problems and it can cause dehydration. This means that the body lacks enough fluid to function properly and dehydration is particularly dangerous in children and the elderly. Most common causes of diarrhea are: bacterial and viral infections, intolerance to certain food, parasites, some medications etc. Some people develop diarrhea after stomach surgery or removal of the gallbladder and in many cases the cause of diarrhea cannot be found. Diarrhea may be accompanied by cramping abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, or an urgent need to use the bathroom and depending on the cause a person may have a fever or bloody stools. Usually, replacing lost fluid to prevent dehydration is the only treatment necessary. Hope that you will take my advice and go to your doctor.

hi i have had contant dirreah for a year now and practacly constant pains in my belly i have seen my doctor and he cant find out what is a matter with me and i have been to the hospital and i have had camera's down my throat and ainually but still they dont know what is a matter with me... what do you think? thanks Ann

As far as I know when they can’t find a cause for such gastrointestinal symptoms, they rule Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It was like that with my brother a few years ago when he was 23 and at college. The thing is that nobody else in our family had any similar problems.

He had stomach cramps, gasses, excessive diarrhea a couple of times a day and he looked and felt like a mess.

What is your nutrition like?

The problem with IBS is that it is something that it can’t be fixed for good but the symptoms could be managed. There are a couple of approaches and you need to find out for yourself what is helpful. Often, it is a reduction in diet. Some doctors prescribe certain drugs and recommend fiber and other supplements.

You need to talk to your doctor if this may be the cause or if you are maybe food intolerant or something.

How are you coping with all these bad symptoms. I know what my brother was like at the time. He couldn’t even concentrate on his studies.

see above.

I did this for 10 years and they told me I had IBS, without a colonoscopy. Then I got one, and I DID NOT have IBS. After all that time, I started having gall bladder attacks and went to a GB Doctor and had it out, well I stopped the diarhea, he told me that no one associates diarhea with gall bladder because there hasnt been enough reseach and proof, but I cured me. Hope that helps Dar

I am a 35 yr old make and in relative good health. I have had constant diarrhea for over a year now. I can not really find out what the cause is, I've been told it could be stress, diest and so on but nothing that really helps. Sometimes I really don;t want to leave the house for fear of loosing control. I have been treating it with Amodium AD which works ok. Sometimes it works good other times it seems to do nothing, I take between 4-10 of them a day. I am starting to worry it could be something serious but have no real idea of what is causing it. Any ideas???

Me too I've been annoyed by this for 2 years now. I did a recto endoscopy, an ultrasound and AIDS tests. But all seems ok.

I go to the toilets 2 x a day, but the bowels are not liquid it's half-liquid. If I last to go then its really a big discomfort.

I don't know what's wrong. All the doctors I went said it's ok. I don't understand!

you guys need to stop listening to doctors, they have no idea, they can just diagnose you or test you, they can't cure you...

Buy some primal defense pro-biotics costs around 50$ a bottle that can last you a long long time.

Second buy some enzymes and take it before you eat

and once you've done that for 3 weeks then do a bowel cleanse, preferable in the spring and there is ure cure... simple but effective, takes time

gluck.

health from the sun i believe is the product

I have had Diarrhea for years now - I finally went and got a Colonoscopy & Endoscopy. My Dr. says that my small intestine (or large?) doesn't absorb water like it should, therefore my stools are loose and runny. Nothing serious - suggested I take Immodium AD or Pepto Bismol - nothing else you can really do.

And noone has been able to figure out what is wrong, till now. The doctor thinks it may be Haab's disease. It is where the gall Bladder produces too much Bile. If the doctor's can't find anything wrong, have them test for Haab's. Hope this helps.

Guest wrote:

ann-kissane wrote:

ann-kissane:
I have a friend who has had diarrhea since she was a little girl. She's almost 18 now. She was diagnosed with colitis. (Think that's how you spell it) There's no cure. Basically, everything she eats just goes through her. Don't know if that's what is happening with you, just an idea.

ive had constant diarrhea for about couple weeks now and im starting to be concerned about my condition. In the past ive had diarrhea before but its only about once a month. Now ive had them constantly, or always wanted to take a load off, and everything the bowl is full of water and some c**p. im 16 and i want to noe if this has anything to do with my growth/puberty or because i have some kinda disorder?

I've had diarrhea for almost 3 years now and we are talking any time I eat within 20 minutes I have to rush to the toilet. I've said people that don't know me would swear I am bulimic. I just had my thyroid removed as it was cancerous and now my doctors want me to have a camera shoved up my bum next when I told them this problem. I think they are thinking cancer somewhere else perhaps who knows. For a long time my husband would say you mean soft stools and then finally one day I said no, like just brown water almost and showed him, now he's concerned as well.

Reading this though I feel a bit better knowing that I'm not the only one having this as odd as that might sound.

do a search for Habba syndrome..the info may help.