okay so its been three weeks since ived had sex...i thought i wouldnt get pregnant cuz i was on bc but he came inside me 3 times n a couple days after that he came inside me 2 more times...people say bc isnt completely protective n yu still need a condom but im 16 n very naive...but n e way i stopped bc a couple days ago cuz i think im pregnant, now that im off it i still feel sick, but i dont throw up...i have headachs, im constipated, pee a lot, heartburn, back achs n ive been spotting...i took a test n it came out negative im guessing its too early but my boobs don look like they normally do && idk if im jus seeing stuff but it looks like my belly is getting bigger n it feels hard. what should i do? keep taking tests?...

Hi Kelly,

The tests won't read until your period is due - at the earliest. Even then it is very common to have a "false negative."

When is your period due?

When you take the test, use your first morning urine. It is more concentrated so likely to provide an earlier positive. Follow all directions, especially the times, to the letter. If it does come out negative, repeat the test 7-10 days later. By that point it should read positive if you are pregnant. False negatives are common, false positives are not.

BC is very reliable on its own, more so than the condom. The condom is good for added protection. The condom does protect against STD's, BC does not.

You do have some signs but the spotting may be related to your stopping birth control.

Keep us posted.

thank you so much for your reply, you gave me good advice