i just want to know if anyone else experienced the same thing & what was your outcome .. and ideas whats going on
i had a miscarriage 4months ago when i was 10 weeks pregnant .. i have been ttc ever since if you could read on much appreciated .

well my periods are right on the dot every month on the 29th (last month on the 1st cause of febraury.)
any way that period was really weird only lasted 2 days then nothing then on the 15 of march i had a little bit of brown discharge like a spot of it then nothing.
well then my period never came on the 29th so its 5 days late i took a pregnancy test on the 30/3/2011 faint positive i was so excited so the next day i went to the doctor she done a pregnancy test it was negative i could have cried ...she told me wait a week & test again ( didnt offer me a blood test & i didnt ask was too confused & upset to think ) ( i feel she was only being nice cause she saw how bubbly and happy i was when i told her & then how shattered i was after hearing the neg )
so its been 4 days and every pregnancy test i have taken has come out negative but i feel pregnant ....
i will list my symptons
1. fatigue but im not able to sleep
2. heartburn
3. missed period
4. moody
5. real bad gas
6. frequent urination
7.frequent headaches
8. cravings
9. nausea followed by vomiting after eating
10. boobs extremely sore and swollen ( even nipple darker)

so i pretty much have every sympton in the book but still negative tests so i was wondering has this happened to anyone else what was your outcome?? and any ideas whats going on surely the tests should be positive by now if im pregnant

i have tried so many brands its not funny:
clear blue digital with conception indicator - negative
forelife 10miu - neg
first respone- neg
crystal clear - faint positive
& the brand the doctor took which i forgot the name of it - neg

im sorry its long but any advice would be kindly appreciated & thankyou in advanced

Hi Confused,

Your doctor telling you to wait a week is standard procedure. In some cases testing early you will get a false negative. The hormone, hCG, needs to reach a certain level in your urine/blood before it can be detected. We usually advise waiting 7-10 days after your period was due to retest.

When you test at home, use your first morning urine. It is more concentrated and more likely to give you an earlier result. Follow all directions to the letter, especially for any times. False positives are rare. False negatives are common.

Saying that, there is no such thing as a "faint positive." The test should be clear, yes or no, not maybe. If it turns up positive after the time for the test expired, it doesn't count.

Wait a few days and retest.

Good luck!

Hey, there is such thing as faint positive. Ive just recently had 3 of them and all my family and friends had faint positives and they all now have babies. im going to have bloods tomorrow so hopefully i find out whats going on. if it comes up negative im gonna ask for an ultrasound and to be checked for ectopic pregnancy.

Faint positive = bad test.

The test can only detect the presence of hCG, not "how much."

Well explain to me why my sister had a faint positive and oh my she now has a baby, ???

Hi Love, im Not to sure whats going on, Farmesists say FAINTLINE IS A LINE... :/ i Taken a pegnancy test and just seen the pink Control line, so i went back into bed i woke up and Noticed this? one one of them, which in the past ive had many tests and left them and NEVER had a second faint line,) Knowing you read them after the time it says, WHICH IS CORRECT SO i thought id go out and buy a few more. i had my second test, and read after it says on the directions and also was a faint line ) So i then taken my 3rd one straight after my second one, and got a NEG! :/ Very confusing.. so i taken 2 plastic tests NOT STICKS.. & they were verrry faint, Know taken one last night and that was VERY THIN :/ So i thought id take another one this morning, and NEG! :S this is new to me im not even a mum and it plays on my mind, i think im late on a period also.. advice please..X Thanks x

1 faint positive and 4 negatis :(

hi i did a preg test two days ago in the am and it came out faint posivite ,and then i took another one later on the same day just to make sure and it came out negative ,and the next day i did another one and came negative again ,today i did another one on the am ,and it came negative again ,,dont know what to do ,but im pretty much feeling preg ,,,the last time i had my period was on aug 29 2012 ,and today is sep26 2012 ,i dont know what to think 1 FAINT POSITIVE AND 4 NEGATIVES ,WHY ? AND I FEEL SO PREGNANT

Hi i wonder if someone could help. A week ago today i took a preg test and it came out faint possitive and then i took one everyday from then on untill sunday so thats 5 days and they where all possitive and some quite strong. i have taken another one last night and 2 came out even fainter then before. I had cramping during the night last night and thought i was coming on but nothing no period at all. and now the cramping has stopped,  i have a doctors appointment this evening but i just wanted to no if the same has happened to someone else im just so worried i have had a miscarage. but no period at all !! HELP!!

I agree...there IS such a thing as feint positive, after 4 children and feint positives with 2 pregs at 8 weeks and next 2 around 5 weeks all feint but bloods confirmed I was preg and I went on to have 4 healthy babies...now waiting on mixed results with 5th.....I think most hpt's are designed to show negative because its a marketing design to 'want' us to buy more because all we want is to find out...I've been through 9 tests and 1 was feint pos.....waiting on blood tests to come back now I will be just over 6 weeks and got all the regular sypmtoms...text book isn't always right

hi was you pregnant?

There is a such thing as a faint positive.

I know this was so long ago.. But, did you end up pregnant? I'm having that same issue now. 9/07/17 positive after 30 min wait. Others negative

This isn’t factual.