I would give anything to be able to sleep right now. I think I have had about 3 hours of sleep. Anyone else with this issue?

I only get 5-6 hours per night, even when its possible for me to sleep later, I seem to wake up.

I had insomnia issues a few years ago, so I can sympathize with you Kristin. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Is it a one night thing, just every so often or has it been a regular occurance?

some sleep issues, but the big one for me this week seems to be that my wife, who gets up earlier than I do, likes to turn on all the lights, thus making it difficult to sleep...........

Kristin,

that is the pits. i've had serious bouts of insomnia but thankfully i seem to be over them--

last night i woke at three and my rol-a-dex brain was up and at 'em....every now and then i have a horrible night and i think it is mostly diet-related. eating too late, too much sugar, not eating enought...etc..... even some supplements have been know to keep me revved and sleepless.

nothing's worse than facing a 14 hour day when there has been zero sleep.. i feel for ya. :|

Thanks, guys. About 6 hours is normal for me; we didn't even go out last night so I don't know what the issue is. It's kind of sporadically regular; (like that makes sense ) every couple months I go through these phases where I just cannot sleep.

I don't like to take drugs (i.e. Ambien or something) and I do not do caffeine, so who knows.

The doctor says: A nap and a nap.

Kristin, I have terrible problems with insomnia. Definatly related to the time of the month, thought it happens other times too. Either I can't get to sleep, or I wake up at 3 am and can't go back to sleep. I had a prescription of sleeping pills from the doctor once but decided I'd better learn to deal with it cause I couldn't be on meds my whole life. It sucks. . :x

Ditto!! I've had problems with insomnia most of my life, worsened when I got sick (one of the many symptoms of CFIDS). I agree on the meds, I won't take them either, occasionally a Benadryl or something like that if it gets really bad. Have you ever tried Valerian root? I have a really good blend of that, passionflower and something else (stay away from Kava kava) that works pretty well.

Or is there something going on that's making you more anxious than usual lately? That's normally what triggers it for me.

This happens to me once in awhile too. Best I can do is take some Nytol. Didn't Monk go through this a few months ago? Maybe he has good advise.

Never had a problem with insomnia....sleeping is one of the things I'm best at

I agreee with this. When I go through bouts of insomnia it is usually anxiousness resulting from stress at work.